• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This pisses me off

Stopped by a local box shop and was told by a young employee they got some primers in.

The main guy who thinks he RUNS THE SHOW literally ran past me with an empty buggy and took it to the back stock area...

a few moments later he comes out with 2 sleeves of primers covered with a jacket and went straight to the register and bought them. He literally went behind the counter so he wouldn’t have to lift the sleeves out of the buggy.

This is the second time I’ve seen an employee do this but the last time was two 500 rounds of Winchester 223... same style, buggy and covered with a jacket.

Earlier they wouldn’t sell a brick but a single 100 pack of LMR primers 3 per person... I have a hunch these were SP or SR but can’t confirm.

I should have walked up to the counter as he was buying them on the clock and said I would like to buy some too...

Me an you standing there watching it happen . You say snatch that jacket off that buggy . I say yes . I do it . You point to the goods an scream that's mine . ;)

Not a dedicated gun shop... I’d assume this happens at those places all of the time but THEY are semi in control of inventory and can skim off the top.

The lack of cordination and pulling such a stunt in front of customers is probably what I find most appalling lol.

Getting all pissed about it wouldn't have been a good look but I definitely would have spoke up about wanting exactly what he was purchasing.

I would be really pissed, and I would at least joke around and poke him with some truth. BUT this could be a provocative action and they would kick me out of the store.
Believe me, customer service is way gone in most of gun/supply stores

Customer service has been gone for some time in a lot of retail outlets as well as many consumer based industries. Too many of the young generation (18 - 30) just don't seem to care. Yes I am old enough (81) to remember the "Good Ole Days).

Back
Top Bottom