• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This would have scared me to death!

I’d been wishing for a 10mm or a SAW
Even with a pistol in 10mm you need to learn to shoot it accurately ............. at least with the saw you can spray & pray just bring a few extra belts ................. pull up Predator with Arnald and the gang for reference .....

Just remember they killed one on Pine Mountain a few years ago. Hunter got a lot of grief since there is no season on them and the "don't exist" in GA.

Hunter in video got lucky that the cat retreated instead of heading into the brush and springing on him. Good thing he didn't take his eyes off him.

Were those warning shots or genuine attempts to shoot the cat with that pistol?

I think if I wanted the cat dead I would've stopped backing up (I might've only taken a few steps backward initially so I could tell the park rangers later "yes I retreated and the cat pursued me!")

After that I'd hold my ground take a nice steady two-handed aim and probably aim for the cats head or neck.

PS: I once had a bobcat attack and kill a deer that walked right in front of my deer stand when I was hunting (it was a small deer not much more than a fawn and I wasn't planning on shooting it myself).

Just for sheets and grins, I decided to climb out of the stand and walk up to the bobcat while it was eating the deer just to see what the bobcat would do. I had a semi automatic paramilitary rifle in my hands and several rounds in the magazine so I felt I could handle any problem that came up with that cat.

Well the animal let me get probably within 50 feet without reacting to me other than looking in my direction as I approached.

Then it hissed it arched his back at first, but when I kept slowly walking closer than 50 feet it turned and ran.

Animals are generally afraid of humans. But an animal that has been domesticated is another deal. Large predator animals that get a taste of human flesh are dangerous. I think that guy was trying to shoot that cat and missed. He's lucky the cat retreated.

Ok, just like bears, cougars should never be backed away from. It just triggers their hunting instinct. I know that a lot of people will just naturally run or back away, but if you just jump up and down and make a lot of noise in a situation like that then they will probably run away. Now, I am not saying that if you have a gun, that you should not have it ready and be willing to use it. I agree that this guy was probably trying to hit the animal and just panicked and missed.

Now if one jumps on you from behind, then you are in a world of hurt and need to protect the back of the neck. As well as the rest of you.

I have seen tracks in north GA from cats that do not "exist" in this state. I am always on the lookout for cat and black bear sign. Also, packs of wild domestic dogs can be real dangers as well. We just like to think we are at the top of the food chain.

The problem solver. The official mountain lion oppressor. 10mm long slide.

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_135151327.jpg
    IMG_20211202_135151327.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 9
Were those warning shots or genuine attempts to shoot the cat with that pistol?

I think if I wanted the cat dead I would've stopped backing up (I might've only taken a few steps backward initially so I could tell the park rangers later "yes I retreated and the cat pursued me!")

After that I'd hold my ground take a nice steady two-handed aim and probably aim for the cats head or neck.

PS: I once had a bobcat attack and kill a deer that walked right in front of my deer stand when I was hunting (it was a small deer not much more than a fawn and I wasn't planning on shooting it myself).

Just for sheets and grins, I decided to climb out of the stand and walk up to the bobcat while it was eating the deer just to see what the bobcat would do. I had a semi automatic paramilitary rifle in my hands and several rounds in the magazine so I felt I could handle any problem that came up with that cat.

Well the animal let me get probably within 50 feet without reacting to me other than looking in my direction as I approached.

Then it hissed it arched his back at first, but when I kept slowly walking closer than 50 feet it turned and ran.
well if they were 'warning' shots they were awful close; just center right of kitty and dead center over his back.

Did you ever try to shoot a wildcat while having the Hershey squirts in your pants it’s very hard to hit your target at that time what he should’ve done was ran right towards the cat and yelled I’m going to eat you I’m going to eat you and the cat would have ran, LOL

Back
Top Bottom