• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This Year has been full of surprises for me

My Brother Bill as a Brand New 2nd Lt in 1970 and me as a Psychotic Blood Thirsty Ear Collector on the Dog Tag Chain Jungle Bush Rat in the Beautiful Mekong Delta in 1967, what a wonderful pair we would have made :eyebrows:

Attachments

• Bill 1.JPG
    Bill 1.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 40 10.jpg
    40 10.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 40
Did my DNA several years ago, then in April of this year, "BOOM",I found out I had a Brother and a Sister I never knew about. Never Got a Chance to meet my Twin Brother in person, he lived on the West Coast, got to talk to him on the phone once and two weeks later he died of cancer. Found out he was a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the 7th Special Forces and most likely the cancer was caused by agent orange. My Sister lives in Florida and has come to see me several times and is just like me only "Nicer" lol. I've convinced her to move up here and I'm going to donated some of my property for her to build a hooch on. Would have been nice to see my Brother also, he died alone and not knowing until two weeks before his death he had a twin, adorable me. I guess as more people take the DNA tests, I may find out next year, I helped repopulate South Vietnam in the 60's, but that's another story for later :doh:
The reason I won’t have mine done, and asked my daughter to not do hers, either.
Don’t need any children or half-relatives showing up looking for a handout…. or an organ donor.

50 years estranged daughter by my first wife contacted me by mail last month, seeking info about my dad’s family. Guess she didn’t want to talk on phone.
Looking for help with some health issue, didn’t elaborate, broke off contact again when I explained we have had no contact with that side of the ‘family’ for over 70 years.
I’ve always been glad I’m an only child.

Glad you had good results from your DNA search.

When our granddaughter got her "DNA thing" as a Christmas present last year and sent it in, we found out that she is not our granddaughter. When she asked her mother about it, it turns out that her mother was screwing everybody. Some families are being torn apart by "23andMe".

I may take you up on that ! I can grab an UBER over or something since I can’t drive right now. But I would love to come have a brew with you and shoot the crap for an hour or two one afternoon !!
If we're having a few brews, we'll be falling down drunk and shooting weapons in the air yelling, "Get some" :rockon:

The reason I won’t have mine done, and asked my daughter to not do hers, either.
Don’t need any children or half-relatives showing up looking for a handout…. or an organ donor.

50 years estranged daughter by my first wife contacted me by mail last month, seeking info about my dad’s family. Guess she didn’t want to talk on phone.
Looking for help with some health issue, didn’t elaborate, broke off contact again when I explained we have had no contact with that side of the ‘family’ for over 70 years.
I’ve always been glad I’m an only child.
I found out I had a Son in the North Vietnamese Army, Named "Won Hung Dong" but I was an only Child too, I thought, but now, I'm glad I found a great Sister and a Brother and I'm making up for lost time and loving it..

Glad you had good results from your DNA search.

When our granddaughter got her "DNA thing" as a Christmas present last year and sent it in, we found out that she is not our granddaughter. When she asked her mother about it, it turns out that her mother was screwing everybody. Some families are being torn apart by "23andMe".
Exactly.
My feelings, If you don’t really want to know, don’t ask.

Back
Top Bottom