• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thought about selling my 300 blackout...

Who else is shooting 300 blackout?

• I am.

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • I am not.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I'm interested in it.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Barnes 110 TSX. I have a couple boxes of the 220 Sig's but they did not group well. I keep it around for CQB work only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interesting. At what distance did you have grouping issues with the Sig stuff? Obviously not a long distance round.. unless you plan to mortar them in there due to the weight and muzzle velocity.

What's the twist rate on your barrel?

At 25yds I was getting cloverleaf groups resting on my range bag.

Interesting. At what distance did you have grouping issues with the Sig stuff? Obviously not a long distance round.. unless you plan to mortar them in there due to the weight and muzzle velocity.

What's the twist rate on your barrel?

At 25yds I was getting cloverleaf groups resting on my range bag.
Its a 1:8 twist 10.25". I was getting 1.5" @ 100, I would say this was me as I am using just a TA33 ACOG but I was able to get sub minute from the 110 Barnes.

Its a 1:8 twist 10.25". I was getting 1.5" @ 100, I would say this was me as I am using just a TA33 ACOG but I was able to get sub minute from the 110 Barnes.
The 1:8 is certainly well suited for the lighter projectiles, like your 110's.

The heavier loads usually favor 1:7

Thanks for the reply. Good info!

Love my braced pistol with a can, but am still working out reliability, though I think I've got it figured out. Need to make a trip to the range to make sure.

I shoot the Hornady 110 grain V-Max for my super and it groups very nicely. The expanding sub load I have found that has the closest POI to it at 50 yards is the 190 grain Trident, but WOW are they expensive. I feel that a non expanding bullet at subsonic speed is practically useless and there just aren't many expanding subsonic loads for the 300BK around.

Hornady has come up with an expanding sub they are trying to get to market now (it's past due) that are a very reasonable price. I'm hopping they work well so I can stock up.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/7...n-sub-x-subsonic-flex-tip-expanding-box-of-20

I've been plinking with my new Ruger Ranch bolt gun in .300 BO... just for shooting at paper supersonic...I have been using Magtech's 123 gr.FMJ...been getting great results... on paper...if I do my job...getting .75 to .80 MOA...
Haven't had time for heavy research...for hunting, been using Fiocchi 125 grain Hornady SST... shoots great groups at 100 yards...and smokes a water jug... hope to use it on something pest wise...

I've been plinking with my new Ruger Ranch bolt gun in .300 BO... just for shooting at paper supersonic...I have been using Magtech's 123 gr.FMJ...been getting great results... on paper...if I do my job...getting .75 to .80 MOA...
Haven't had time for heavy research...for hunting, been using Fiocchi 125 grain Hornady SST... shoots great groups at 100 yards...and smokes a water jug... hope to use it on something pest wise...

I've been using the same for plinking. Shooting steel silhouettes at 100yds and paper at distances in between. Great groups for my liking. When I go on a hunt with it I might load up some for myself or buy some more expensive rounds. I really hope to get around to hunting with it sometime soon.

Maybe a can in the near future.....

Barnes 110 TSX. I have a couple boxes of the 220 Sig's but they did not group well. I keep it around for CQB work only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Is this factory loaded ammo? The 110 TSX 6.8spcII hand loads I put together fared very well and that was just trying out one powder and one weight of powder. That's to be expected from a hand load vs. a factory load. I was just wondering if they were factory or roll your own. Devastating rounds and really a great projectile on hogs. Good dear round as well.
The only thing that concerns me ( and this has not been proven to be 100% true to my knowledge ) is the tendency to effect the barrel accuracy on normal rounds after they are shot a lot. Someone enlighten me if you if you have heard it to be 100% true.

Back
Top Bottom