• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thoughts on "Bill Of Sale" Firearms Trades/ Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Very quick, and I RESPECT your opinion.

Have you ever sold a car to an individual? And if so, did you have a BOS?

Cars are registered in GA unfortunately, but fortunately guns are not. A car BoS is used to assess sales tax and that is another interesting point. Could gun sales records be used to tax us?

Dozens upon dozens for me and in Georgia for vehicles older than 1988 a BOS is all thats needed for a new owner to register a car- No title required~

Also don't need emissions, and tend to have extremely high mileage..Unless you're buying a classic car. Then you want the original title.

Cars are registered in GA unfortunately, but fortunately guns are not. A car BoS is used to assess sales tax and that is another interesting point. Could gun sales records be used to tax us?

Prove I sold guns. Those I traders were from buying posters of fireman calendars, trading pokemon cards with other members, and performing oral favors to avoid a ban... I never once sold a gun :)

Guns are personal property and counties can assess personal property taxes. They get me for about 2K a year for just equipment that I own.

If a prosecutor had a real hard-on for you, could he use your bills of sale as evidence of tax evasion?

Municipalities are increasingly broke and I could see one giving this a try.

Last edited:
I truly don't understand the folks who are so dead set against a Bill of Sale.

Every gun that I have ever bought or sold (until I started trading on the ODT) I exchanged a bill of sale with the other party. This is the only place where I have ever run across someone who, not only doesn't want one, but will not buy a gun from you if you want one. Go Figure!!

Just my 2 cents worth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom