• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on "Bill Of Sale" Firearms Trades/ Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I lol'd hard at that. I'm not trying to uncan the worms, but here is another stance. I have PERSONALLY met and traded with Okuma Steve. For those that don't know, he oversees this site and all legal issues. If a bill of sale was something that would legally benfit someone that runs a firearms classifieds website, that's had records subpoena'd and such, Okuma Steve himself would have asked for one. At the same time, the Mods Like Soviet (Who will one day come to follow the footsteps of the Glock fan club) and NWSharpshooter do not require them. Says alot since they are appointed a position of some power in a site which could take heat over firearm related issues. At the same time, I've never heard an attorney that reccomended a bill of sale or listed the benefits. I'm sure myself, Okuma Steve, NWS, and soviet all ask for the same thing.. A good itrader and a handshake, maybe a glance at the ole drivers license and ask "are you legal to own a firearm yada yada", but nothing more.
I don't think any of the mods that require a bos. Maybe MDog. ;)I have traded several times with an attorney who is a member here and who I respect and consider a friend. He does require a bos. Go figure.

I don't think any of the mods that require a bos. Maybe MDog. ;)I have traded several times with an attorney who is a member here and who I respect and consider a friend. He does require a bos. Go figure.

Believe I know which attorney you are referring to. When I see him next i'll ask. However, if the one you speak of is "more than a member" to the site, and bills of sale were important, then I think Okuma steve would reccomend them. By the way where the hell is he, why don't he ever talk guns with us?

In my business I have an Attorney on retainer.. I had to call him anyway to have him finish a property deal for me so while I was at it I asked him about this and what to do. He is also a firearms enthusiast and he buys and trades as well.. He still uses GON so I told him about this site.

By Monday he'll have me the information that I need to be protected in my dealings. Time stamped photos (ensuring they depict the serial #) matching a logbook was his biggest bit of info for me today in regard to quantifying dates of transactions. When I asked him about BOS trading being "worthless" and his response was "It shows intent to do business properly, which is generally well accepted".

That said, I have him also working to see how many transactions one enthusiast can carry out in a given amount of time without being considered "an illegal dealer". With ignorance being no excuse in the eyes of the law, I want to know exactly what laws govern my fetish for swapping firearms.

In my business I have an Attorney on retainer.. I had to call him anyway to have him finish a property deal for me so while I was at it I asked him about this and what to do. He is also a firearms enthusiast and he buys and trades as well.. He still uses GON so I told him about this site.By Monday he'll have me the information that I need to be protected in my dealings. Time stamped photos (ensuring they depict the serial #) matching a logbook was his biggest bit of info for me today in regard to quantifying dates of transactions. When I asked him about BOS trading being "worthless" and his response was "It shows intent to do business properly, which is generally well accepted". That said, I have him also working to see how many transactions one enthusiast can carry out in a given amount of time without being considered "an illegal dealer". With ignorance being no excuse in the eyes of the law, I want to know exactly what laws govern my fetish for swapping firearms.
So what's your name, address, and telephone number?

In my business I have an Attorney on retainer.. I had to call him anyway to have him finish a property deal for me so while I was at it I asked him about this and what to do. He is also a firearms enthusiast and he buys and trades as well.. He still uses GON so I told him about this site.

By Monday he'll have me the information that I need to be protected in my dealings. Time stamped photos (ensuring they depict the serial #) matching a logbook was his biggest bit of info for me today in regard to quantifying dates of transactions. When I asked him about BOS trading being "worthless" and his response was "It shows intent to do business properly, which is generally well accepted".

That said, I have him also working to see how many transactions one enthusiast can carry out in a given amount of time without being considered "an illegal dealer". With ignorance being no excuse in the eyes of the law, I want to know exactly what laws govern my fetish for swapping firearms.
I want pictures of everything he sends you monday, as well as the EXACT code sections setforth by the BATFE and Georgia state constitution dictating the alloted amount of trades/sales per year, as well as requiring a "log bookk" etc.

If he could tell you that, he would be the first. I highly doubt anyone not specializing in federal firearms criminal law is going to give you a specific number and I doubt any attorney with experience in that area would give an answer either.

Laws like that are written with a certain amount of ambiguity.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's your name, address, and telephone number?

I'm not telling you. You've been to jail!

If he could tell you that, he would be the first. I highly doubt anyone not specializing in federal firearms criminal law is going to give you a specific number and I doubt any attorney with experience in that area would give an answer either.

Laws like that are written with a certain amount of ambiguity.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not telling you. You've been to jail!

He has your phone number already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom