• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

My son and I had a great adventure fishing recently. Landed a load of rainbows, kept a few and they were tasty, while we released the others.

View attachment 4327179

I'm certain I'm not the only one who enjoys watching their kid fish. But I sure do enjoy watching my boy study a body of water and work it, changing tactics, presentation, lures, whatever he figures necessary to land a fish.

View attachment 4327182

This lil slice of nature is undisturbed by man - not a single bobber, line, wrapper, butt, etc. Pristine wild. It's like being in another time undisturbed by man.

View attachment 4327187

My girls never would fish on the same side of the pond when they were little and still won’t now that they are 18 and 16. I would never get any fishing done because I would be walking back and forth from one side of the pond to the other to take fish off, change lures or to help find their Dora the Explorer fruit snack holder. I’d do it all again on bloody stumps of bone if it would make them young again. Those days fishing with my girls were priceless no matter how chaotic they were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took some time this afternoon to fish a low water bridge on my place. Got 5 nice channels and a good flathead.
1b325e5d005ae1b09ba745bb25b936cb.jpg
0da6ab0860d63cb6c908cd2547949ed2.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Caught another one this evening. 42 lbs. i have a neighbor down the road whose son is ate up with everything fishing. Took him along and when I hooked up on this fish he thought we had an alligator. When I went to get it out of the water my dip net broke. I had him grab my 10/22 from the truck and we gave him the swamp people treatment. You’ll have to excuse Captain Under Wear. He went wading in a little side creek and told him to strip down or ride on the back of the truck on the way home. Just talked to his dad on the phone and he said he hasn’t stopped talking about that fish.
3d1e6a378149637c487af522d46b81a3.jpg

Caught another one this evening. 42 lbs. i have a neighbor down the road whose son is ate up with everything fishing. Took him along and when I hooked up on this fish he thought we had an alligator. When I went to get it out of the water my dip net broke. I had him grab my 10/22 from the truck and we gave him the swamp people treatment. You’ll have to excuse Captain Under Wear. He went wading in a little side creek and told him to strip down or ride on the back of the truck on the way home. Just talked to his dad on the phone and he said he hasn’t stopped talking about that fish.
3d1e6a378149637c487af522d46b81a3.jpg

Awesome! That kid will remember this and you for the rest of his life.

My son and I had a great adventure fishing recently. Landed a load of rainbows, kept a few and they were tasty, while we released the others.

View attachment 4327179

I'm certain I'm not the only one who enjoys watching their kid fish. But I sure do enjoy watching my boy study a body of water and work it, changing tactics, presentation, lures, whatever he figures necessary to land a fish.

View attachment 4327182

This lil slice of nature is undisturbed by man - not a single bobber, line, wrapper, butt, etc. Pristine wild. It's like being in another time undisturbed by man.

View attachment 4327187
when i fish coopers. rock or (used to wildcat) i would pack a few trash bags in my sling bag and try to get it back to 'pristine/undisturbed'.... tough to do with all the a**holes continually throwing their bottles, wrappers etc out. Looks like a nice place you got there and its good your boy likes it so much👍

Back
Top Bottom