• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Threats in Private Messages

Ha! I was thinking about pokin at you till I got ya mad but I'm too lazy right now to try to pull it off. I have personally never threatened anyone here but it's been close. There are a few that will call you a racist, nazi, fascist, keyboard commando...all for simply disagreeing with them. They get away with it and never get banned. So in a way, I think that banning someone for wanting to kick off in one of those peoples rear ends is unfair. If you let someone throw gas and light matches don't be surprised when the house burns down. And I'm old enough and red neck enough to remember when as a$$ whoopin was considered a legitimate means of dealing with an idiot. Having been on both sides of the whoopin, I still accept it as a legit method.

I think if you want to run a clean shop you have to haev a 3 strike policy for people pokin the tigers and a zero strike policy for the tiger takin a bite. I've been here since June of 2010 and I've seen one guy for sure call people nazi and racist over and over. If management doesn't care to handle that then I guess I can't too much sympathize with a not getting P Oed policy. Even the constitution doesn't protect "fighting words".

Oh. I apologize for the implication. Like I said, I was just thinking about "goading" you for effect, but don't have time or energy to really get into it.

I was playing along friend, I myself have been on both ends but in my line of work 3 things are necessary- a tough and thick skin, self control, communication and every once in a while letting someone vent and not taking it personally. I am new to the conversation end of this site, have only traded but when I saw this I felt compelled to give some playful and serious input since everyone else was and lo and behold you arose! This was the first I had ever heard of even name calling much less threats. Better communication and probably you and I not stirring the pot (and drawing an audience) did not help. All of the gents I have met and communicated with on this site have seemed honorable decent Americans so I hope that threats or any bad will stay away from this milieu. Take care and go see your Mama tomorrow. Good night.

Back
Top Bottom