• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scam messages

RomanDac

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hello,

New here. I'm getting a lot of private messages leading me to other emails for private sales, is this common?

Do I just report them?

Thanks,

I suspect you're being targeted because you're a newbie.

You can report them, or ignore them I guess. As you've probably realized, if you decide you want to buy or sell here, do everything via Private messaging which protects your personal identity and means that any communications or scams that are attempted can be tracked and dealt with by the moderators.

Once you have a few trades and/or you have some commentary history, you'll probably find the number of those kinds of messages will decline.

Hello,

New here. I'm getting a lot of private messages leading me to other emails for private sales, is this common?

Do I just report them?

Thanks,
Just report them.

I suspect you're being targeted because you're a newbie.

You can report them, or ignore them I guess. As you've probably realized, if you decide you want to buy or sell here, do everything via Private messaging which protects your personal identity and means that any communications or scams that are attempted can be tracked and dealt with by the moderators.

Once you have a few trades and/or you have some commentary history, you'll probably find the number of those kinds of messages will decline.

Its not the age of the account, its the WTB ad he posted. That's the most common target of those type messages.

Back
Top Bottom