• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Threats in Private Messages

Another vote here for ZERO tolerance, BAN THEIR BUTT!!!

Its got my vote. You threaten me or my family. Then you have some trouble. Ban them off the rip. Plus if your stupid enough to threaten someone and act that dangerous... id like them gone.. i mean good god I dont wanna sell someone a gun who acts like that!

Last edited:
Ha! I was thinking about pokin at you till I got ya mad but I'm too lazy right now to try to pull it off. I have personally never threatened anyone here but it's been close. There are a few that will call you a racist, nazi, fascist, keyboard commando...all for simply disagreeing with them. They get away with it and never get banned. So in a way, I think that banning someone for wanting to kick off in one of those peoples rear ends is unfair. If you let someone throw gas and light matches don't be surprised when the house burns down. And I'm old enough and red neck enough to remember when as a$$ whoopin was considered a legitimate means of dealing with an idiot. Having been on both sides of the whoopin, I still accept it as a legit method.

I think if you want to run a clean shop you have to haev a 3 strike policy for people pokin the tigers and a zero strike policy for the tiger takin a bite. I've been here since June of 2010 and I've seen one guy for sure call people nazi and racist over and over. If management doesn't care to handle that then I guess I can't too much sympathize with a not getting P Oed policy. Even the constitution doesn't protect "fighting words".

Oh. I apologize for the implication. Like I said, I was just thinking about "goading" you for effect, but don't have time or energy to really get into it.

I don't THINK this is what Steve is talking about.There is a huge difference between name calling and threatening to come kick your ass.If you allow someone to goad you into a physical fight just by talking smack you aren't much of a man.Poking at people can be fun.Good natured ribbing is fun.Threatening physical harm is uncalled for and has no place here. :)

Personally donnie, I think if you allow someone to talk trash about you, call you a racist and a nazi and you DON'T get mad, you must not be much of a man. But then this is the age of sugar coating and *****footing so you feel free to keep your panties unbunched. Good natured ribbing and poking at each other is not what I am talking about. I, as I am sure most here, enjoy the comeraderie and friendliness. Some folks though want only to be thorns in everyones sides When your post count is close to 1000 and you have one or fewer feedbacks then you are not here to be an outdoor TRADER, just a punk. Especially when you have made a history of insinuating that most if not all other people here are Nazi's, racists, mebntally deficient, etc. Now all this is up to Steve and I am in no way arguing either against that OR in favor of any violence or threats. I am just stating my opinion that a site that allows continuing insults and bomb-throwing may want to reconsider being surprised when someone reacts. And all you "not much of a man" idjits must have forgotten what being a man really entails. Taking crap offa ANYone isn't included in it unless they can jail you or fire you. Well or divorce you...gota take some from them at times too.

I wonder if the people who like to goad others are any better than people who lose their tempers and make threats. There are a few people here who seem comfortable in the belief that they can insult and belittle in whatever oblique manner they choose and know they will never be banned, so they keep scratching the chalkboard. Oh well. As long as they don't make threats they can call you anything they want, I guess.

Agree 10000%

People who know me would never talk to me like a dog/downgrade me...why would I care what someone who doesn't know me thinks?

Personally donnie, I think if you allow someone to talk trash about you, call you a racist and a nazi and you DON'T get mad, you must not be much of a man.

Just d***. If I got fighting mad every time somebody called me names I would be either dead or in jail. Neither one of them would allow me to help my family in the case of some serious c*** coming their way. So if that's your opinion of me, you're welcome to it.

I say let Steve handle it however he feels the situation demands. I personally find it sad that folks can't take a higher road in disagreement but I certainly don't want to deal with someone who acts like that. Hotheads with guns give the rest of us a bad name. Just my .02 worth.

Back
Top Bottom