• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas offerings at gun show video

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score

Tisas models at Gun Show. Looks like the two tone stainless and cerakote has forged frame, slide and barrel and he mentioned 700 selling price. I am going to have to find one with a good frame to slide fit for my next 1911 project gun. It will be a few months out but I like what I am hearing here. The one I handed at a local gun shop was a nice little gun. It was a compact version but I would be all over a full size gun that passed a visual inspect. Looks like they are really concentrating on that 450-750 market hard. I am glad to see it. Somebody needed to offer a 1911 of decent quality in that arena. Taurus was the only half-assed gun in that price range and the triggers sucked. So I am looking forward to working with one.

Kinda surprised that Tisa didn’t come out with a 2011 style for around 1000
I am sure they will work up something in the future once they have a good following with their current offerings. It seems like they are selling their lower priced guns well and getting excellent feedback from what I can see. I hear a lot of brand snobs sticking their noses up at them but those who own and shoot them have nothing bad to say about them as far as I can see. Like I said the one I picked up and looked at was spot on. It had an excellent fit and finish and the trigger was more that satisfactory for that price. Actually real nice. Could use maybe a hair of improvement in the trigger but for the first time 1911 buyer more than adequate and certainly fine for that price range. I mean at 500 bucks, a steal for a upgrade gun.

Love mine! Fit, finish and performance are equal to the name brands!

Attachments

• 70390215304__65513292-C46B-475E-A7D8-A727E33350FD.jpeg
    70390215304__65513292-C46B-475E-A7D8-A727E33350FD.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 12
Love mine! Fit, finish and performance are equal to the name brands!
I love the black bobtail. Sharp looking grips too. Both of those look great. I noticed that as well at the one I looked at. I picked up a Bul Armory at twice the price right before and there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two in finish. The Bul Armory felt a tad smoother when I racked the slide but that can be worked out with the right spring upgrade and tune. That's 30 bucks for springs and a little time.

Back
Top Bottom