• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To All You Lefties Out There...

Why does that read slower traffic keep left?

It doesn't.

So the decal on the truck's windshield (behind the car in front of it where the picture is taken through the rear view mirror)) would have to be written in "reverse". If you were looking at that decal directly instead of through a mirror, you would have to stare at it for a couple of seconds to figure out what the text was saying.

But to the slow driver in the left lane looking at it through his rear view mirror, the text is clearly readable, and the arrow is indicating move to the right lane.

It's a pretty clever decal! I want one!

This is truly such a simple concept. If I am driving 165mph and passing others, and someone behind me wants to get past, I’m gonna get over as soon as I can. Common courtesy. Of course there’s a million excuses hall monitors use to justify the left lane camping, just move over and let freedom be.
If you're traveling 165mph, you should be in the right lane except when passing.

If you're traveling 165mph, you should in the right lane except when passing.
I did state "and passing others". We have 4 or 5 lanes in Atlanta, so I who knows what lane I'm in. If someone comes up behind me traveling faster than me, I'll move over to let them by regardless the lane, unless I'm all the way right. It's typically very obvious when someone's behind you and wants to go faster than you.

I did state "and passing others". We have 4 or 5 lanes in Atlanta, so I who knows what lane I'm in. If someone comes up behind me traveling faster than me, I'll move over to let them by regardless the lane, unless I'm all the way right. It's typically very obvious when someone's behind you and wants to go faster than you.
Yes, I have driven in Atlanta a lot, which isn't what the thread is about. Metro Atlanta drivers are the worst in Georgia, which is among the worst driving states in the country. I wasn't singling you out. People in metro Atlanta think you get in the far-left lane in your lifted truck and go 85 or 90 nut-to-butt with whoever is in front and you stay there. I've had to get driver's licenses in 3 countries. Go hang out in the left lane on the autobahn and see how much time you have to figure out someone wants to pass. Don't hang out in the left lane. I know it doesn't matter when everyone is driving like an idiot, which is what we deal with. The fact is it is too easy to get a license here and many people never learn basic rules of the road. So many people here don't understand they need to yield on green when making a left turn too. Many fatal accidents in my area from that.

Question - If I am in the HOV/HOT lane can I go the speed limit and not have get over? It may be the far left but it isn't really the "passing" lane.

Yes, I have driven in Atlanta a lot, which isn't what the thread is about. Metro Atlanta drivers are the worst in Georgia, which is among the worst driving states in the country. I wasn't singling you out. People in metro Atlanta think you get in the far-left lane in your lifted truck and go 85 or 90 nut-to-butt with whoever is in front and you stay there. I've had to get driver's licenses in 3 countries. Go hang out in the left lane on the autobahn and see how much time you have to figure out someone wants to pass.
On the autobahn, you get a ticket if you pass on the right. So you will definitely know when someone wants to pass.

Question - If I am in the HOV/HOT lane can I go the speed limit and not have get over? It may be the far left but it isn't really the "passing" lane.
If you're not in any kind of hurry, why be in that lane? It happens all the time, people poking in the "express" lane. I pass them on the right and slide back over until the next one, and do it again, and again and then I get to a one lane reversible "express" lane, then I'm stuck behind them with a dozen other people. I try and picture them as an older individual, which it is occasionally. Normally they are on the phone, or tucked under the steering wheel of their Subaru as close as they can sit, and have hiking stickers from all over. I have lots of stereotypes to group them into.

And BTW, most highways are engineered for way higher speeds. However they mark the speed limit to the worst condition, like raining on a pitch black night. The speed limit is the same rain or shine, and I like to make miles when weather appropriate. We are supposedly so smart and advance now, why don't we have speed limits for the conditions? Our highways can handle so many more vehicles if flowing at a higher rate as well. Imagine 20% more capacity of our roads (I made this number up, but it seemed to fit). I agree with the poor/near non-existent driver's training, we are terrible at paying attention, keeping right, merging at highway speed, and basically all around driving our 4000lb projectiles.

I've clocked about 800 miles since Thursday. Mostly interstate miles and let me tell ya...the 18 wheelers trying to pass other trucks and slower drivers that feel they must move to the left (without speeding up to match the flow) so others can merge onto the interstates are just as bad as the left lane campers.

Back
Top Bottom