• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To my fellow Hog Hunter Justin

This is Beth again. After a couple weeks with two legs, Justin's got a setback. His left leg took the brunt of the blast and has been the difficult one from the start. Wound care checked it out last week and saw that the bone was starting to come to the surface again. They tried three times to make do and we thought he was good to go, but unfortunately not. Tomorrow he's going to have a skin flap done (where they take a chunk out of his thigh and transplant it to the end of his leg). It's a lengthy procedure since they have to detach the blood vessels and reattach them in their new location. They have a high success rate for it here at Walter Reed, so they're optimistic that it will be a success. Due to how much is involved, he'll be in ICU for a few days following his surgery and in the hospital for 1-2 weeks. Then it'll be 6-8 weeks before he can (hopefully) re-start the prosthetic for the left leg. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he'll be good to go after this...not that he hasn't been able to do a heck of a lot with 1 or no legs, but 2 legs are definitely preferable.

Here's a couple pics from the ski day trip we went on a couple weeks ago.
DSCN9076.jpgDSCN9106.jpg

So far, so good with Justin's surgery. He got out of ICU yesterday evening and was feeling a lot better today. Hopefully he'll be out of the hospital in about a week. The doctors want him to have as little movement as possible for the first week or two post-surgery. That's some of the worst part of it for him because he hates just sitting around...and the surgery is making him miss a couple fishing trips.

You get well Justin.Them fish will be there.God Bless You and Yours.Got a 4 month old Pit puppy if you need something to chase around

Gonna be one year since the blast on Monday crazy

Despite the "blast", the set backs and the other problems, I am so proud to see how your spirit is still going strong. I don't know you, but I look forward to each and every update. God bless you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom