• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today is June 6th

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
68 years ago today the armies of nine nations pulled off the most daring amphibious assault of all time. Gen. Eisenhower even had two speeches written for the occasion; one giving credit to the troops for a successful invasion and the other taking full responsibility for failure. Through an excellent PSYOP operation, good weather, the grit of the fighting man, and God's grace the Allies restored the future of Europe.

More than 3,000 troops gave their lives in that one operation.

D-Day.jpglarge-d-day-anniversary.jpg

I cannot imagine what those brave men went through and pray my two sons never have to experience the horror of war.

Here's to "The Greatest Generation"!

I commend Eisenhower on his willingness to take credit either way. Imagine our current administration taking credit for a failure.............

Those men and women make up the greatest generation and deserve more honor than they have gotten. I can't imagen what they went through.

Best generation of men ever. I can only hope and pray that one day American will have patriotism that will compare to the Greatest Generation!

If you have never been to Omaha Beach in Normandy and walked around, it is well worth the trip. And the Omaha Beach National Cem is an experience all its own.

If you have never been to Omaha Beach in Normandy and walked around, it is well worth the trip. And the Omaha Beach National Cem is an experience all its own.

Yes it is. When you look at that huge expansion of beach with the clear fields of fire you cannot imagine what those guys went through. The tour of the cemetery was a very moving experience.

Back
Top Bottom