• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today is June 6th

June 6th 1944 a day that will live in infamy.God Bless Our Troops and special thanks to the fallen heroes.Hug a vet he deserves it.Remember 2 people have died to protect your way of life the American serviceman and Jesus Christ.The Lord and Saviour. Special prayers for my uncle Burdell who died at Anzio.Salute.

Yes it is. When you look at that huge expansion of beach with the clear fields of fire you cannot imagine what those guys went through. The tour of the cemetery was a very moving experience.

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_IMG_0807.jpg

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_IMG_0816_1.jpg

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_IMG_0822.jpg

Remembering, and teaching others to remember, those who gave their lives for our way of life, is one way to honor those brave men. For those who stormed that beach with no regard for their own lives but with high regard to complete the mission, I salute them. Mission accomplished.

I cannot express enough gratitude to all my great uncles,grandparents and my wife's grandfather and uncle, who were apart of D-Day, her great uncle died that day and we are blessed to have known all the rest of our family that made it through.

Clearly they were men of men and I hate that most of today's generaton has lost focus on what it took for our family members to sacrafice so we are not speaking German or Japanese today

None of them ever really spoke of the war, except my grandfather and my wife's grandfather when I told them I was headed down range. They both had similar advice and stories that made me realize how much "easier" troops today have it compared to back then regarding movement, logistics, fire power and general engagements.

One piece stuck out in my mind that my wife's grandfather told me and it first hit me as "chickenish", but then I realized that you are fighting for your life.
He said : "If your caught in the open and you need to move forward, move behind those in front of you, if they catch a bullet, it blocked it for you, but dont get to close, as they will see a group and then launch mortors and grenades in your direction, stay low and move fast, dont stop until you cannot see the enemy and they cannot see you, then it is time for you to make your actions count"

years later I now know what he meant and though it was tough to think about being a position like that, there were thousands of men that faced imminent death and still moved forward, God Bless The Greatest Generation

Back
Top Bottom