• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Top Gear (BBC - Season 24) is back...

spencer60

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
286   0
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode of the new season.

First of all, it's different w/o Clarkson, May and Hammond. No way to change that. Also, even though The Stig was mentioned. he never made an appearance because they couldn't do a lap in time for the show.

The format is bit different, with news and interview and the new "reasonably FAST car" all done together. They still have the amazing films though. I won't spoil anything but this one was as good as anything the old hosts did.

So far LeBlanc is holding his own as lead host, and the chemistry looks like it may work out this season. It reminds me more of US Top Gear (which is dead now?) than the old show, but so far it's working.

After all the office reports of how bad this sucked I have never taken the time to watch it. Doesn't sound like it's getting any better if it has the U.S. shows "feel".

The post Clarkson/May/Hammond TG got off to a lousy start. LeBlanc was decent, but his co-host Chris Evans was terrible, and pretty much ruined ever part he was in. They also aped all the original segments and tried to do them the same way C/M/H did, which was a complete failure.

It's hard to tell from just a single episode, but like I said above, I think Leblanc brings a more US feel to the show, which definitely changes the constant digs at the US on the old show. It's not going to be like the old Top Gear, any more than C/M/H new show, Grand Tour will be.

They both look like they will be pretty good though.

Back
Top Bottom