• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyota 86... anybody driven one?

Mom had a 280Z, she loved that car. My stupid brother ran it out of oil and seized the engine.
High school friend of mine got a new '83 turbo for graduation. He threw me the keys and I took my girlfriend for a spin around the block. I floored it. :shocked: I quickly went back to his house and gave him the keys back. Still not sure how I didn't wreck it.

Government Motors, I don't live in Alabamer, and I don't have any cinder blocks laying around. :p
My 13 Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD gets ****ty gas millage and has average HP.

Actually it is just average for a truck all the way around. But reliability is a big plus.

I REALLY miss my 83 Supra. If I ever find one in great condition, I'm probably going to pay too much for it.
You'd have to unfortunately. Older Supra's still command a premium, especially if it's a turbo model. About 10 years ago my buddy wanted a mid 90's turbo one so bad that he flew from Macon to somewhere in Texas and paid like $45. Now they're like 75k.

You'd have to unfortunately. Older Supra's still command a premium, especially if it's a turbo model. About 10 years ago my buddy wanted a mid 90's turbo one so bad that he flew from Macon to somewhere in Texas and paid like $45. Now they're like 75k.
Yeah it's crazy. But the early 80s are still somewhat sane. They are just a lot fewer in number for obvious reasons. Of course the low mileage great condition ones are still beyond justification.

Back
Top Bottom