• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traeger; any recommendations

Camp c from Walmart is the best bang for the buck for pellets as die rubs it’s a never ending story of trial and finding what suits you and your family best. Biggest recommendation for a fellow traeger owner is thermoworks thermometer

I had the ironwood 885. It was a 1500 grill and wasn’t impressed at all with it. For starters, when grilling things took longer to get any color or sear marks on them. By then they started to get dry. They only get to 500 degrees.
Smoking a butt, the butt had a great smoke ring but seemed dry and dusty. Didn’t care for the flavor.

I would suggest looking at Rec Tec or getting an egg or Kamodo Joe. Kamodo style grills are excellent for grilling, smoking, and baking.

my .02 Goodluck and feel free to dm with any questions

I love my RecTec Bullseye. Great sear since they get up to 750 degrees, and low is around 200, less if I change the feed rate. The best pellets I have used are the Smokehouse brand at Sams. 40 pound bag will run you 15.00 all day long. My father-in-law has a Traeger that costs probably 3 times what my Bullseye costs, but the food that comes out is identical. Also, most all of the Weber kettle attachments fit the Bullseye as well.

As far as rubs go, its a never ending quest. A lot of people swear by the Meat Church brand.

Back
Top Bottom