• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training Before Obtaining Carry Permit?

Very fair point. So what about classes of people who are 'infringed' ? There are plenty of states that require training before a permit's issued, have any of those been challenged as unconstitutional and won ?

They need to be. It's total bull****. If a 80 year old woman wants to protect herself with a gun then she should be able to without having to worry about taking a "class" to qualify her as able to carry.

Purely to stir the pot, I believe historically many towns in the past have prohibited carry within their limits ?

Just because you buy a hammer that does not make you a master carpenter however, no one should be prevented from purchasing a hammer because they want one.

Government should not mandate what should be personal responsibility. The more we allow government to do so, the more reliant upon government we become. Instead we should foster an environment, as a responsible gun owning community, that encourages, rewards, and enables good, responsible behavior like proper training. I think we do a pretty good job but there is always room for improvement.

I second (or third?) the need for firearms training in public school curriculums.

Back
Top Bottom