• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trama Kit

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
I am putting together my shooting bag that I carry to the range. The old tool bag just wasn't cutting it. During my steel shoots, we all get hit with spatter. It has never been more than a small nick, if it even broke the skin. Its gotten me to thinking, what if more than spatter came back? I'm looking for a small trama kit recommendations that will take care of a small cut and be able stop somebody from bleeding to death if something unexpected happens. What does everyone carry?

I shoot competitively, so I am around all different experience level shooters.
I keep a pouch I my bag with:
(1) CAT tourniquet
(2) pouches of quick clot
(1) Israeli bandage wrap
some band aids
Thank God never had to use more than the band aids.

tactical response VOC as a basic kit

#1 The ability to remain calm under stress and put your gloves on when your hands are shaking like hell
x4 set of gloves either nitrile or latex.
-I prefer latex as they are less likely to tear but present a risk of allergic reaction. You will want a few in the case there is more than you helping you address the injured
X2 tourniquets.
-because sometimes people get hit in more than one spot
X4 chest seals
-bullets leave two holes
x2 israeli bandages or h gause

boo-boo's
Band-aids, gause 4x4's, neosporin, benedryll, pain relievers, a small mirror to look at your eye when you get stuff in it, q-tips to apply neosporin, cotton balls, tweezers, super glue, butterfly strips. Most importantly anti septic wet wipes. I dont want your aids or hepatitis

Some people like quick clot, i'd ask EMS about that. because the scab it forms will have to be torn off at the hospital...

Burn Jell and ARS needle and NASOPHARYNGEAL AIRWAY, and a bolin chest seal. Or a good petroleum gauze and duct tape can treat burn or seal a sucking chest wound. Also don't forget surgical gloves. Don't want to touch anyone without gloves unless you really like them. This stuff with the above suggestions will get you there.

Also take a ditch med course on how to use this stuff. Can't tell you how many tacticool bone heads I know who have all this crap and have never used or trained with it. When someone gets hurt is not the time to be reading instructions.

a basic first aid course and a CPR course is your best emergency kit actually.
with no working knowledge of what to look for , what to do then all the patches in the world isn't going to do a lot of good.
excessive bleeding-- direct pressure, severe bleeding not handled by direct pressure then last resort is to tie the extremedy off.
if no airway or heart beat then CPR until transportation arrives.
if you have battle ground medic/ ems/ para training then that's a different matter , then the tools help a lot.
if not contact EMS as fast as you can and do emergency control of blood loss and airway/ heart beats.

Back
Top Bottom