• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 cmmg conversion kit

I have the cmmg conversion and a dedicated one from borebuddy. With a 7.5” 1/7twist pistol, the groups @50yrds are around 2-3” vs .75” in my dedicated upper. For training I’d say it’s good to go especially at closer distances. For precision, get a bolt action.

They’re dirty but if you shoot a few 5.56 rounds every few hundred rounds it’ll clear the gas system. The cmmg mags are ok and the 15-22mags are better. Malfunctions happen occasionally but it can be used for training without dummy rounds.

If you run the conversion kit use the Black Dog Machine mags.
I have had good luck running high velocity ammo with the stock set up or you can tune it a bit with bore buddy products and run whatever you want.

I run a lot of suppressed .22 and dry lube is awesome if your gun likes it.

Spray it .. let it dry
Cleaning is normally just using compressed air to blow the receiver out.

I had 2k rounds on a S&W before I HAD to deep clean it.

But some guns don't like it😭

I have a Ceiner conversion kit, which is essentially the same, although not as nice. In my 1x9 twist it shoots essentially the same grouping as with full power loads (although NOT same point of impact); about 3-4 MOA when "slung up" at 25 meters (I don't shoot off a rest).

As others have said, shoot a few full power load every few hundred rounds to clean out the gas system. Use plated ammo, mine likes regular CCI.

Also, skip on the Black Dog mags. Instead, buy a Redi-Mag "Better Mag" adapter, use S&W 15-22 magazines, and have a real last round bolt hold open.

Better-Mag

With the availability of cheap parts on places like the forum, I took a CMMG kit, a salvaged barrel from a M&P15 and built a designated upper the benefit of which was being able to “clone” my actual rifle set up so it’s ergonomically the exact same. Then down the road picked up a designated lower. The receiver set is some cheap-o poverty tier brand (I’ve redacted the name as to not upset the just as good crowd) . Point is it shoots minute of coke can at 22 range and I can always put a real BCG in it to arm that one relative that “wants to borrow a gun after the impending struggle has commenced” 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom