• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trappers in Georgia

???
I use Duke DP traps
I average about 8 coons in 5 days

today was the 3rd morning that all the mini-marshmallows are gone in the same 4 traps that are around my spring
even the ones under the trigger, the trap is not sprung or disturbed, even looked in the mud around the traps, nothing except one trap showed house cat prints
what do you think is doing it

???
I use Duke DP traps

today was the 3rd morning that all the mini-marshmallows are gone in the same 4 traps that are around my spring
even the ones under the trigger, the trap is not sprung or disturbed, even looked in the mud around the traps, nothing except one trap showed house cat prints
Could be something as simple as the trap just get tripped, the animal could've pulled the marshmallow up without hitting the trigger from the opposite side of the trap (if that makes sense), could've had the trap turned with the bait pushed to the end that doesn't have the trigger.

Personally I like using cat food, corn and dog treats in my trap with the cream from a little Debbie cake rubbed on the rim of the trap. The sweet smell draws them in from further, the corn/cat food/dog treats are harder for them to grab so it is more probable that they will hit the trigger. Just my advice and thoughts.

???
I use Duke DP traps

Ck for ants they will eat them

Could be something as simple as the trap just get tripped, the animal could've pulled the marshmallow up without hitting the trigger from the opposite side of the trap (if that makes sense), could've had the trap turned with the bait pushed to the end that doesn't have the trigger.

Personally I like using cat food, corn and dog treats in my trap with the cream from a little Debbie cake rubbed on the rim of the trap. The sweet smell draws them in from further, the corn/cat food/dog treats are harder for them to grab so it is more probable that they will hit the trigger. Just my advice and thoughts.

going with dry dog food on top of a sardine this AM and a trail cam,
they would have to be very nimble to not touch the trigger, area below trigger is close to 1 inch and narrow and all marshmallows are gone (about 5 minis fit below trigger)
I check my traps every morning
best luck I had 2 weeks ago was using the skin and a little meat from chicken wings

Ck for ants they will eat them
saw ants last week at another location when it was warmer, but they did not eat any amount to notice
there is no way they could eat all the mini marshmallows as I fill it to the top (about 20)
I check my traps every morning
setting trail cams this AM

My best guess its a fox. I had similar happen but during wet times i was able to find fox prints in the area, they would flip my trap upside down. Eventually I got it. Side note one small coon in a trap this morning.

ah-ha, I do have Fox saw 2 together on trail cam yesterday (going to set cam to video)
one DP was pulled up and moved the length of the cable but not sprung
set 2 cage traps yesterday at this location
will set the DP to the very end of the trigger catch

will move traps by the spring so to better see tracks

well the cage trap I set yesterday baited with smoked oysters got the Fox, a female (I have Grey & Red here)
both DP's were untouched
squeezed some urine out and set the trap over it along with adding smoked oysters
maybe the other will enter

now to do the hide

273022375_3799209776971238_2124887640070363700_n.jpg

@ Usmcvet Usmcvet

Well here's a new one for me
coons caught in a cage always reach out and pull everything they can touch back into the cage
well there must be one out there that saw what happened to his buddies

I had a cage that everything, including the dirt around the perimeter was scratched away from the cage, he was trying to undermine and get the bait from the outside
the front/opening was not disturbed, this guy is not going in
so
I set a leg trap at the rear and the front of the cage
baited heavily on both ends of the cage
I find out tomorrow

20220210_101553.jpg

20220210_101605.jpg

20220210_101627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom