Trespassers on Private Property

It sounds like a wooded drive. Id find a way to motorize or have a gate fall by switch on both ends of the drive to trap the bastards in.
That has crossed my mind. its a shared driveway with 2 mailboxes and my neighbor and I. There are no trespassing signs on every telephone pole all the way up. And it was 3:20 am !!! wtf !

What if they were lost and thought they were driving up the driveway of friends or family? Then you would be murdering innocents.

OP said the passenger had a headlamp on his head- and they did not say they were lost- so I am guessing the trespessers were up to no good.

OP- I would call 911 if that happens again. Otherwise I think you did a great job. Not much else you could have done. I think this worked out well. They know you are observant vigilant and ready to protect your property- they will move onto easier victims later.

OP said the passenger had a headlamp on his head- and they did not say they were lost- so I am guessing the trespessers were up to no good.

OP- I would call 911 if that happens again. Otherwise I think you did a great job. Not much else you could have done. I think this worked out well. They know you are observant vigilant and ready to protect your property- they will move onto easier victims later.
Oh, I absolutely agree they were not on the up and up. My comment was not to the OP, it was to the fella who simply said that he would shoot someone for being in his driveway at 3am.

I have an abandoned dilapidated house across the street. I feel your pain. The cops hauled someone from behind it a week ago and kids were over there the other day.
I scrawled no trespassing on the side of it yesterday.

I'm no LEO, but I can assure you a couple things... They were not looking for Real Estate at 3am, nor were they attending a Open House at 3am. Something tells me they were planning on opening a House at 3am...
Thieves don't open house at 3am when almost everyone is at home. Thieves open house at 3pm when most folks are at work and school.

The headlamp mentioned by the OP makes me think poaching was in mind.

If they were looking for real estate and one of them is an agent the agent is supposed to have his pocket card on him/her. I would ask to see it and if you wish you could lodge a complaint with their broker or the real estate board for disturbing your property at that hour.

Back
Top Bottom