• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop BATFE , new rules for Background Checks on ALL GUN PURCHASES INCLUDES PRIVATE

Sure. Click this or that. Submit your name and comment to the ATF.

Step back and read that slowly.

tmp.gif

Sure. Click this or that. Submit your name and comment to the ATF.

Step back and read that slowly.

View attachment 6536704
Or, just say nothing and let your rights be taken away without even an argument.

Seriously, Dude - they already know who you are. They're already illegally digitizing gun shop records, and if you've ever applied for a CCW there's a pretty good bet you're a gun owner, and they know it.

This is supposed to be a Representative Republic. You can't really argue that they took your rights away when they gave you a chance to argue and you didn't.

Or, just say nothing and let your rights be taken away without even an argument.

Seriously, Dude - they already know who you are. They're already illegally digitizing gun shop records, and if you've ever applied for a CCW there's a pretty good bet you're a gun owner, and they know it.

This is supposed to be a Representative Republic. You can't really argue that they took your rights away when they gave you a chance to argue and you didn't.
Do you really think they give one rat's ass what anyone writes during the comment period?? Every.Single.Gun.Owner in the country could protest these thugs and they will still march along with their unlawful "rule making". They do what they want and dare the courts to stop them, just like in the brace ruling. They simply don't give a single **** about the Constitution or your rights...

Do you really think they give one rat's ass what anyone writes during the comment period?? Every.Single.Gun.Owner in the country could protest these thugs and they will still march along with their unlawful "rule making". They do what they want and dare the courts to stop them, just like in the brace ruling. They simply don't give a single **** about the Constitution or your rights...
But when the court sees that there were no comments, they deem there is no harm caused.
Like didn't happen in the brace ruling.

But when the court sees that there were no comments, they deem there is no harm caused.
Like didn't happen in the brace ruling.
I don't think the Federal Judge who slapped down the brace "rule" made any mention about comments. He based his decision primarily on two things: Lawsuits from the various organizations, including one on behalf of the brace manufacturers that said the "rule" would put them out of business, and he came right out and said the ATF was defacto making law, which they were. Public comment periods have always been a farce.

While I agree with you, how do we stop the overreach? To put it bluntly, it will either be through the courts or with a revolution. I prefer NOT to be on a two way gun range, myself, if at all possible, so I say we need to set up the court case.

A lot of people protesting the rule change is "ammunition" for the attorneys that will challenge any rule change in court. If no one protests then the judges will assume no one really cares about it.

In "New York Rifle and Pistol Association vs. Bruen", Clarance Thomas noted that 43 states issue carry licenses based on objective criteria, so the New York carry license additional requirements are unconstitutional. It seems that the fact that most states do not require additional criteria for licensing was a deciding factor.

I went to the ATF website and looked at the comments. A random sampling of them turned up almost ALL of them are basically variations on two or three form letters: "I support this because it will end the gun show loop hole and save lives". It's possibly some Bot that just changes names on the same form letter. It could also be the anti-gunners getting out their vote while we're too afraid to get our ours. So later the lawyers may say "Your Honor, 93% of the comments were in favor of this rule change", and the court could be swayed into leaving it in place because it's the will of the people.

In my mind, not voicing your opinion is simply giving in. Much like the people who say "They aren't getting MY guns! I'll bury them and they won't find them!". Which is awesome, except that when you need your guns they'll be buried somewhere, or you'll be afraid to use them because they'll be taken away. Your skills will waste away from non use, and if you ever decide "it's time" you'll be easy pickings.

Our forefathers, the people you've heard of in history class, were known to the British. They did not hide. You don't protect your freedom and your family's freedom by hiding. We are not yet outcasts on the run; speak up before we are, and maybe we can stop it.

"Your Honor, 93% of the comments were in favor of this rule change", and the court could be swayed into leaving it in place because it's the will of the people.
We are a representative republic, not a "democracy". The mob doesn't rule. Irrelevant how many people favor anything. A vast majority of people favored slavery in this country, that didn't make it right, nor did it stop clear minded people from stopping it.

This is the left's standard playbook: they do whatever the "F" they want, screw our rights, and dare the courts to stop them. Same thing will happen here. They are masters of lawfare. It will be interesting to see who files what lawsuits this time around as this overreach will affect way more people than braced gun owners.

Back
Top Bottom