Trip to Outer Banks, 9/14

Reds when they get that big are called drums...Much like Kings when they get so big are call Smokers..I grew up in the upper keys, Key Largo..I was hoping to do it again for some Yellow Fin Tuna, and chasing the radar for birds..Catching Min haven or Pogies for bait using a cast net...But my days are numbered. Live life to the fullest, enjoy what you have in front of you...You never know how short life can be..Be safe my friends..
Thanks for your service Sir.

Great catch! Welcome.
I took the family up there this past summer. We took the ferry from the south end over to Ocracoke and then to Hatteras. Where would you recommend fishing? How far off were you?
Big Ben, we stayed on cedar Ilse. And left out off there landing by Shermans store last stop before you catch ferry across to Outer Banks. We fished out of Pamlico Sound about three miles out. And yes the seas are very touch and go calm one minute and the next you have 5-6 ft. Sea's.

Reds when they get that big are called drums...Much like Kings when they get so big are call Smokers..I grew up in the upper keys, Key Largo..I was hoping to do it again for some Yellow Fin Tuna, and chasing the radar for birds..Catching Min haven or Pogies for bait using a cast net...But my days are numbered. Live life to the fullest, enjoy what you have in front of you...You never know how short life can be..Be safe my friends..

Hey! Stop that! Everybody's days are numbered! Be looking forward to hearing from you on the 9th or 10th of March. Don't make me come looking for you!

Oh and stop fretting it raises your BP, lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom