• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trout Season

rac67

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
The Trout Season is here Heck Yeah... Time to get out the camp gear and head to the mountians..
Cooper Creek is where i fish most of the time, not so much for the creek i love as being in the woods
away from the everyday noises.. Always looking for new getaway spots, any good ideas?

Cooper is nice, I also like Wildcat creek, it's a little more remote. Trout fishing though, isn't what it use to be. Either the DNR is releasing less fish, or there is a ton more fishing pressure from more people. 15 years ago, you could go up there any given day, and catch your limit, last few years been lucky to catch a couple if any.

Im really looking forward to camping and fishing season and the peace and quiet..
think ill checkout dicks creek this year.

I was up at dicks creek today. Had my normal run in with the game warden checking licenses. Started talking with him after he asked if I had any luck. I had caught a brook trout and was surprised really. He said they stocked a lot of brook trout. I let all mine go and kept the rainbows. I won't keep brook or brown period. But I seen a lot of people with stringers full of them. It's a high pressured creek so they won't ever get to any size. But it was good to see they are stocking them.

I got 4 at waters. 2 rainbows 16 1/2in and 20in, a 14in brook and 13in brown.

Back
Top Bottom