• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck knife

Just got a Becker BK2 last week. This thing is built like a M1 tank and will come in handy for the truck and boat.

Mine came with the Kydex holster, and it was a bear to get the darned thing out of the holster. Used my wife's hair blower to soften up the plastic (just like I have done with some kydex gun holsters) and it resolved the problem.

I had a laugh at field dress a Buick, but that might just be the knife for that. I thought I was an oddball for keeping a double bit axe in the toolbox, Schrade machete in the front.

I just got two Glock model 81 field knives, primarily to use for throwing, but I think one of them is going under my vehicle seat to carry with me whenever I travel.
These Glock knives only cost $30, [each] and they're tough as nails.

I saw several videos of people torture testing them and horribly abusing them, and they don't break. I've already bounced mine off my throwing target a couple dozen times and sometimes they have landed on rocky ground or the concrete floor or driveway. Other than scuffing the blued finish on the carbon steel, they are not any worse for wear.

I did accidently put a couple of gouges in the handles when one knife would stick in the throwing target and then the next knife came right along behind it and poked it in the polymer handle.

Attachments

• 3C19D60C-2743-48DD-A749-32F3A40E7D95.jpeg
    3C19D60C-2743-48DD-A749-32F3A40E7D95.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
I just got two Glock model 81 field knives, primarily to use for throwing, but I think one of them is going under my vehicle seat to carry with me whenever I travel.
These Glock knives only cost $30, [each] and they're tough as nails.

I saw several videos of people torture testing them and horribly abusing them, and they don't break. I've already bounced mine off my throwing target a couple dozen times and sometimes they have landed on rocky ground or the concrete floor or driveway. Other than scuffing the blued finish on the carbon steel, they are not any worse for wear.

I did accidently put a couple of gouges in the handles when one knife would stick in the throwing target and then the next knife came right along behind it and poked it in the polymer handle.

I second the Glock Field Knife. I have one with the sawback.
I read somewhere that it's really a bayonet for a Steyr-Aug or something.
But it's cheap, kind of easy to put an edge on (but keep a stone handy) and if it breaks it breaks.

Becker BK2, if your doing anything that can break that thing then you must need a sledgehammer. Seriously, i doubt you will find a more heavy duty knife

BKT-Crewman-BK10.jpg

I believe that's a BK10

I keep a BK2 in my truck.

I also tote around a Gerber LMF II from time to time. Also a beefy knife, not quite as heavy or thick as the BK2 and it has a serrated half edge.

[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom