• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey challenge

if this one doesnt pan out I may sell it. For nearly $100, $150 most places the cushion should have magnets instead of buckles.. I was kinda disappointed to see that it didn't have them.

So what is it you look for in a turkey vest? What are the main purposes? I know some have cushions and a ton of pockets but I carry alil chair and only a couple calls. Idk if I could benefit from wearing one tho I own one

So what is it you look for in a turkey vest? What are the main purposes? I know some have cushions and a ton of pockets but I carry alil chair and only a couple calls. Idk if I could benefit from wearing one tho I own one
for me I look for places to put my strikers, a pot call pocket, a really good cushion, somewhere I can clip my thermacell on. I dont really use box calls that much so I dont worry about those pockets. I like the small pockets so keep mouth calls and sandpaper for the pot calls and strikers. I currently have 7 different strikers in my vest. All sound different on the 2 pot calls and dragstrip call. Waterproof is a must.

for me I look for places to put my strikers, a pot call pocket, a really good cushion, somewhere I can clip my thermacell on. I dont really use box calls that much so I dont worry about those pockets. I like the small pockets so keep mouth calls and sandpaper for the pot calls and strikers. I currently have 7 different strikers in my vest. All sound different on the 2 pot calls and dragstrip call. Waterproof is a must.
I lost one of my favorite strikers last year because of my turkey vest. But I don’t really want another vest because the one I have was my grandpas. I just have to pay attention to my strikers more.

I tried mouth call calls for 3 seasons. No luck. Guess my "raspy hen" had saber tooth crotch crickets and the whole crew knew it! Went to a cheap ol plastic "scratch call" and called in 5( 1 during a sit, 4 during another) and shot one. Only call I carry currently. Can't find my hoot owl call or hammering gobbler call so I guess I don't think I need a vest?

I tried mouth call calls for 3 seasons. No luck. Guess my "raspy hen" had saber tooth crotch crickets and the whole crew knew it! Went to a cheap ol plastic "scratch call" and called in 5( 1 during a sit, 4 during another) and shot one. Only call I carry currently. Can't find my hoot owl call or hammering gobbler call so I guess I don't think I need a vest?
A Ga based company called Pecker Wrecker calls makes a diaphragm call that is called the Feather Duster. It’s my all time favorite diaphragm call. It’s a very easy call to run.
Honestly, if you carry a box and slate call, you can pretty much do what you need to do with those. A majority of my kills have been made with these two calls.

I lost one of my favorite strikers last year because of my turkey vest. But I don’t really want another vest because the one I have was my grandpas. I just have to pay attention to my strikers more.
I bought a nylon mini mag lite holster that has two pouches for my strikers and they fit quite well inside of it. I attached it to the shoulder strap of my vest so that I can get to them quickly and with relative ease.

A Ga based company called Pecker Wrecker calls makes a diaphragm call that is called the Feather Duster. It’s my all time favorite diaphragm call. It’s a very easy call to run.
Honestly, if you carry a box and slate call, you can pretty much do what you need to do with those. A majority of my kills have been made with these two calls.

I will give them a try. I mainly use Hooks calls now and have been very happy.

I also got my I on a nice 3 year old already, just trying to leave him alone for a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom