• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

U.S. Retarded Postal Service...

So here's a question for you NFA guys. It's my understanding that the USPS is THE only shipping source for NFA devices. And I already know that those would have to ship insured and registered requiring a signature on the other end etc. So when you get one dealer to ship your old Mac10 to one of those guys in the Shotgun News that's always buying MGs are you worried sick and up all night until it arrives? And isn't there something in NFA about " Chain of Custody" or something like that? And aren't there most likely some stickers or labels on those packages that broadcast to every postal worker in between what's in the box?
See it's a good thing I'm poor because I know I can't play at the big boy NFA table. I'd be too paranoid.

It would be very easy to track and see who stole said piece. It aint worth throwing away a damn good job to steal an nfa item. It still happens though. Some people are just scumbags and or dumb. It's like that in every profession.

It would be very easy to track and see who stole said piece. It aint worth throwing away a damn good job to steal an nfa item. It still happens though. Some people are just scumbags and or dumb. It's like that in every profession.
Well I guess most postal worker are at least one rung above baggage handlers. And. I know they'll steal something.

Well I guess most postal worker are at least one rung above baggage handlers. And. I know they'll steal something.

It's just like any cross section of the US. Even the Military has it's share of scumbags. That being said there are still plenty of hard working honest folk working at the post office. My wife puts in 50 hours a week. She works her ass off and wouldn't steal a muffin if she was starving to death.

I don't care what anyone says about the USPS . I. Here to tell you it's setup to NOT allow the customer talk to a real person. I just sat through all the automated bull**** to try to make a complaint and when I finally got to the point where I might get to talk to a human I was told my wait time was between 31 and 51 minutes. Then about 3 minutes in it hung up on me.

Now about two hours ago one of the ladies at the Darien post office called and told me that my **** is on the way back to Jacksonville. But when she called it showed up as a Restricted Number. WTF?! Why does a government office need a Restricted Number? I know why. They don't want to be bothered.

LOL, I feel your pain.

I have had a package of coins lost in limbo for almost a week now.

Nobody knows where they are (imagine that) and they stopped updating tracking information on Monday.

US "lemme just look in here real quick and see what ya gots and maybe I'll kep it for myself" Service.
The coin company I deal with ships priority mail with their return address showing the name of an entirely different type of business.

1265f0ee7fbb7b2d56fdf4de26d1f6d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It was probably trying to rescue a quarter 20 nut off the bottom of the pool .

R2d2 RIP

Probably also screamed "I'm fallen & I can't get up" ,but it's voice was muffled by the water.

I guess Stupid Stuff is the right place for this.

So I ordered a shotgun barrel clamp from some outfit called ACME on ebay early last week. They promptly give me my tracking number and order info. Next day it's on the way from Ohio. Two days later it's in Jacksonville. Moving right along. It was supposed to get here Saturday but it didn't. No big deal.
Monday it didn't get here and I tracked my order on the USPS site. Well it seems that some short bus rider sent my package on to a hole in the wall unincorporated town up in Effingham Co called Clyo, GA. Where the hell is that?! It's some little caution light IGA grocery store town between here and Savannah. Yesterday i go to the Darien post office and asked why in the hell my package rode right on past me to get to the middle of nowhere. And the counter lady told me that our zip codes are one digit off and it happens a good bit. Really?!?! But what about the city names? I mean damn, Darien and Clyo aint even close. How do you screw that up?

But wait it gets better. NOW... my package has been scanned and sent on to Hinesville where it will get scanned again and back down to Jacksonville where the same mouth breathers will get to try again. Only an outfit owned and operated by the Federal gubment could screw something up like this.
Shoulda got it from Amazon and saved $1.43 in shipping.

Back
Top Bottom