• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UFC 207

You are wrong. There is way more skill involved than you are giving them credit for. Have you ever wrestled or grappled. This is the most for real combat sport around today. Of course they commercialize it, but it's real.

It's sanctioned bar fights. You put Colin Mcgregor in the ring with an elite boxer and he would get destroyed.

There's a reason the UFC is constantly talking about a match with Floyd Mayweather or someone similar but it never happens.

Ronda Rousey, Kimbo Slice and dozens of other frauds are the proof. The Royce Gracie's of the world are great, but make terrible fights for spectators. That's why it's full of half-asses "strikers", because that's what's entertaining and what people want to watch.

It's not fake because the fights are fixed, it's because the personalities they promote and the fighters they promote to the top of the heap are designed to generate eyeballs, nothing else.

It's sanctioned bar fights. You put Colin Mcgregor in the ring with an elite boxer and he would get destroyed.

There's a reason the UFC is constantly talking about a match with Floyd Mayweather or someone similar but it never happens.

Ronda Rousey, Kimbo Slice and dozens of other frauds are the proof. The Royce Gracie's of the world are great, but make terrible fights for spectators. That's why it's full of half-asses "strikers", because that's what's entertaining and what people want to watch.

It's not fake because the fights are fixed, it's because the personalities they promote and the fighters they promote to the top of the heap are designed to generate eyeballs, nothing else.

I would much rather watch a bjj master than kimbo. I get it, it's part of it.

Nunes is a bad azz...I don't see anyone really challenging her for that title.

And you can go back a couple years on this site and see people saying the same thing about rousey. I got into with a argument with three people in a thread that were saying she could beat Mayweather.

You are wrong. There is way more skill involved than you are giving them credit for. Have you ever wrestled or grappled. This is the most for real combat sport around today. Of course they commercialize it, but it's real.
I trained a young student that came to me for boxing, he wanted to be an mma fighter. He was a 2nd dan black belt but like most black belts he couldn't fight worth a ****. I put him in with a younger boxer to see what level he was at and it was over real fast. He was that young boxers punching bag for about 30 seconds

The same thing can be said in reverse. If Mayweather walked into the octagon he would be done in under a minuet. Thats like putting a linebacker in hockey, yea they have similarities but they are completely different as well.

The same thing can be said in reverse. If Mayweather walked into the octagon he would be done in under a minuet. Thats like putting a linebacker in hockey, yea they have similarities but they are completely different as well.

No I meant in the octagon with MMA rules. Mcgregor wouldn't stand a chance against an elite boxer and probably not any decent pro.