• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UFC pro fighter with knife vs army ranger with gun (good learning here)

Interesting. My firearm is meant to keep from getting in that situation when coupled with situational awareness. May not always be possible of course but that's what it's there for. Wonder if it would be easier for the aggressor to get the firearm or the defender to draw the firearm from a rear hip carry position rather than appendix. Didnt watch the end of video so not sure if they did that.

To be fair, if you watch a bit of UFC you'll see that even these professional fighters get taken to the ground on a regular basis.

They get taken to the ground because they have close and clench.

That"s why there is penalty for stalling in wrestling. In a 32 foot diameter circle, with wrestlers of the same size, it is nearly impossible for one to take down the other one, if one of them refuses to close.

They get taken to the ground because they have close and clench.

That"s why there is penalty for stalling in wrestling. In a 32 foot diameter circle, with wrestlers of the same size, it is nearly impossible for one to take down the other one, if one of them refuses to close.
So you run away from anyone who gets within arms length of you? Seems like a very strange way to live life. The point is that it's always possible for someone to get the jump on you, no matter how good you are, if you don't see them coming.

So you run away from anyone who gets within arms length of you? Seems like a very strange way to live life. The point is that it's always possible for someone to get the jump on you, no matter how good you are, if you don't see them coming.

No, I just shoot anyone that gets within 15 feet of me because the internet tells me that's my safety zone. My knees are too bad to run.

The point of the discussion is that the original video overstates the advantage of the dude with the knife, because they are starting in the equivalent of the "down" position in wrestling.

No one needs to "get the jump" on me - they can stand 30 feet away and shoot me and I'd never know it happened.

No, I just shoot anyone that gets within 15 feet of me because the internet tells me that's my safety zone. My knees are too bad to run.

The point of the discussion is that the original video overstates the advantage of the dude with the knife, because they are starting in the equivalent of the "down" position in wrestling.

No one needs to "get the jump" on me - they can stand 30 feet away and shoot me and I'd never know it happened.
Right, I believe the point to focus on is to train for the fight that you can win, not to abandon all hope just because the US Gov could drone strike you.

remember with revolver if u can get your hand around the cylinder and a finger between the hammer gun hold tight possible want fire auto get the slide back with your hand want fire some older model autos if hit clip release want fire think old model smith autos where that way. if can just break his fingers wrist what every u can do to get the gun away from the threat

Back
Top Bottom