• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unless they bring the Concorde back

I always wondered when the stopped flying th Concorde
The US military didn't buy them and strip em out and use em to fly quick reaction teams to their destination in a hurry

They were falling apart , they were never designed to last that long.
We did the same with the B1, but they are still going ....

I know one is for passengers, BUT! The Bone carries more bombs than anything else, yes even a B52

84 500 pounders
And still hold 16 world records

Putting warheads on foreheads

The US military didn't buy them and strip em out and use em to fly quick reaction teams to their destination in a hurry

You would need at least ! A 12000 foot runway , most ****holes we fight in are not that close to a major airport

The Concorde was very expensive to maintain, and it was a joint venture by British Airways and Air France. In the early 2000's, British Airways wanted to keep the fleet going, but Air France started backing out. Air travel took a hit after 9/11 and it wasn't cost effective to keep the fleet going.

There is talk here and there of bringing the fleet back, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Nobody had the money to buy a tickets. Lol

Some were cut up, most are in Museums, I doubt they will ever take to the air again . Getting parts would be a damn nightmare

Noise abatement restrictions also prevented the Concorde from operating out of many airports.

The US ban on flying supersonic across the country put the first nail in the coffin. It's been suggested that the US aviation industry had quite a bit to do with it, manufacturers from a pride basis, carriers from losing a lot of prestige customers.

I remember watching the BA ones take off from Heathrow a couple of times. There was a parking lot along one side of one of the runways and when they used that one you could follow the progress of car alarms going off as it rolled.

Back
Top Bottom