Unwelcomed Suprise at Adventure Outdoors

Like I said, if you can't afford that 3% extra you can't afford the purchase itself...

I don't think the OP mentioned whether they were going to finance it or just pay the card off.

And the OP didn't mention he "can't afford that 3% extra". Trying to poor-shame someone because he considers a user's fee unethical does not invalidate his gripe. His gripe is valid, invalid or a wash regardless of how much money he has, whether a purchase was an impulse buy or one planned months in advance.

Being frugal/conscientious about money does not = 'some poor schmuck living hand to mouth'. I recently saw a local resident multi-millionaire wait at the Piggly Wiggly register for 5 minutes because the cashier forgot to scan a coupon for $3 off a bag of dogfood and had to call the manager over to fix it. He was polite and didn't throw a tantrum; but he was firm he wanted his three bucks.
I can appreciate that.

Bragging you buy so many guns at a particular store that you keep a separate checkbook just for that store doesn't impress anyone.

You can go to any fast food joint and run your debit card for a $1 fry and they don't charge any extra fees. Why does other think you should be charged extra?
Because they already calculated that fee in there, period. I am not sure why this is so difficult to understand. They charge everyone for the fee, even the cash customers because they want to make it simple and fast. If there was no such thing as a credit card, they would charge you $0.97 instead for the fries. And yes, AMEX fee's can be upwards of the full 3%.

I recently saw a local resident multi-millionaire wait at the Piggly Wiggly register for 5 minutes because the cashier forgot to scan a coupon for $3 off a bag of dogfood and had to call the manager over to fix it. He was polite and didn't throw a tantrum; but he was firm he wanted his three bucks.
I can appreciate that.

Take note. This is not a new money millionaire, I guarantee it. This guy worked for it, I can assure you, and its how 95% of those that do, act. In fact, its not because they have money that they act that way, they acted that way prior, and that's HOW they got the money.

Funny. Us Americans to have become all too spoiled. Some feel that a business just HAS to accept credit cards with no extra charge, completely dismissing the fact that its an added expense that businesses absorb on your behalf. If you don’t like, don’t shop there. You have options.

And we Americans have the option to share our thoughts about a store's fee schedule or other business practice if we think something's not kosher. 'Sharing is caring' and all that. Sharing his experience -and disgruntlement- might cause the OP to change his mind if it can be shown the store's fee policies are actually fair and reasonable; or, conversly, it might lead to the store changing its business practice.

I mean, it's not like he was trying to stir up a mob to go firebomb the place.

As for "its an added expense that businesses absorb on your behalf" evidently not in this case. LOL

The last time I attempted to purchase a gun at AO I was aware of their "discount policy". I was prepared to pay cash but they told me I had to pay BEFORE I filled out the 4473. They told me that they wouldn't refund the cash if their computers went down or something else went wrong with the background check. They said I could get a credit for future purposes. No thanks.

And we Americans have the option to share our thoughts about a store's fee schedule or other business practice if we think something's not kosher. 'Sharing is caring' and all that. Sharing his experience -and disgruntlement- might cause the OP to change his mind if it can be shown the store's fee policies are actually fair and reasonable; or, conversly, it might lead to the store changing its business practice.

I mean, it's not like he was trying to stir up a mob to go firebomb the place.

As for "its an added expense that businesses absorb on your behalf" evidently not in this case. LOL

Don't think I said anything to the contrary, so what your point? LOL

Weird, a lot of shops will charge a background check "fee" but then roll that into the monies paid for the item if it comes back Approved. You only pay if you waste the shop's time by mis-remembering your criminal convictions (a common failing among the indigenous population in Bibb County).

The last time I attempted to purchase a gun at AO I was aware of their "discount policy". I was prepared to pay cash but they told me I had to pay BEFORE I filled out the 4473. They told me that they wouldn't refund the cash if their computers went down or something else went wrong with the background check. They said I could get a credit for future purposes. No thanks.

Huh? That is a terrible policy. Never heard of having to pay before filling out the form except in cases of a suppressor or something.

Back
Top Bottom