• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update: Got the mount back! Big deer hit. Wish me luck!

Congrats! But carbons have their issues too. I had one that I had already shot one deer with (so lucky shaft in my mind) had a deer come up drew and when I turned it loose blinding pain and vanes fluttering like leaves. Half the arrow disintegrated and the string left a purple nurple from elbow to wrist..

Congrats! But carbons have their issues too. I had one that I had already shot one deer with (so lucky shaft in my mind) had a deer come up drew and when I turned it loose blinding pain and vanes fluttering like leaves. Half the arrow disintegrated and the string left a purple nurple from elbow to wrist..
OUCH!

I never use an arrow for hunting that has hit anything other than a target. Even then, I have a set I use for practice and a set I use for hunting. Always identical and from the same purchase. I typically will only shoot the hunting arrows at a target a couple of times. Just enough to make sure they are flying the same as the target arrows.

Yep..learned that lesson the hard way..but it looked a 100% fine...Not so much! Got lucky as I have seen pics since where they shattered and went through arms and hands. But I will say I think they are much more accurate and maybe faster than the xx75 which we all started with.

8FF9B0F3-3A9C-4CEC-AC07-069FF62D751A.jpeg
Glad you found him congrats! My father’s friends’ cousin didn’t have such good luck this season. He shot the biggest deer he ever seen in his life on a lease in Heard county. Made a bad gunshot on him. He ran off. Him and his buddy trailed him for a while with no luck so they called the dogs in. By the time they found it. Some sonofa$?!&@ out there trespassing had cut the antlers off. Said the bases were as big as beer cans.

View attachment 1499874 Glad you found him congrats! My father’s friends’ cousin didn’t have such good luck this season. He shot the biggest deer he ever seen in his life on a lease in Heard county. Made a bad gunshot on him. He ran off. Him and his buddy trailed him for a while with no luck so they called the dogs in. By the time they found it. Some sonofa$?!&@ out there trespassing had cut the antlers off. Said the bases were as big as beer cans.
What a damn shame!!!!!

I hope they find out who did that.

View attachment 1499874 Glad you found him congrats! My father’s friends’ cousin didn’t have such good luck this season. He shot the biggest deer he ever seen in his life on a lease in Heard county. Made a bad gunshot on him. He ran off. Him and his buddy trailed him for a while with no luck so they called the dogs in. By the time they found it. Some sonofa$?!&@ out there trespassing had cut the antlers off. Said the bases were as big as beer cans.
What kind of a “trophy” is that? What a piece of crap.

Back
Top Bottom