• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE....I'm home now

So sorry to hear. If you were closer, I would have taken care of you. I did 150K in free dental work for veterans in 2021 - they deserve it and the VA is shameful in the care they provide.

Folks don't really understand the severity of a dental infection. It can get bad fast! Take care of them, only floss the teeth you want to keep.....
You are a hero

I just wanted to update ya'll that I am back home now. Man I am so glad to be out of the hospital and back home. I'm doing better and a lot of the swelling has gone away and stuff. I still can't open my mouth all the way and I still have to clean and change the bandage where the drain tubes were in my lower jaw. I have to watch out for the stitches that are still inside my mouth where they extracted the tooth that was causing the issue as well.

I have a follow up with the oral surgeon on FEB 3rd in Gainesville at the dental clinic in the hospital just to make sure everything is good and that there isn't anything else wrong or that something else might need to be done. I had never had anything like that happen before and I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that mess.

I just wanted to update ya'll that I am back home now. Man I am so glad to be out of the hospital and back home. I'm doing better and a lot of the swelling has gone away and stuff. I still can't open my mouth all the way and I still have to clean and change the bandage where the drain tubes were in my lower jaw. I have to watch out for the stitches that are still inside my mouth where they extracted the tooth that was causing the issue as well.

I have a follow up with the oral surgeon on FEB 3rd in Gainesville at the dental clinic in the hospital just to make sure everything is good and that there isn't anything else wrong or that something else might need to be done. I had never had anything like that happen before and I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that mess.
Take those antibiotics and follow that care regiment to a T! The mouth is a nasty place and can get infected and kill you real quick.

Take those antibiotics and follow that care regiment to a T! The mouth is a nasty place and can get infected and kill you real quick.

Yeah no kidding. I'm taking them and I'm doing exactly what they told me to do as far as the mefs and cleaning and caring for the incision that made for the drain tubes.

Back
Top Bottom