• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS slides the c**k ring back on me again..

My father was a postman. Him and his buddies that he worked with would constantly gripe about how that place was run ! They always said they could get stuff done way more efficiently and quickly but we’re NOT ALLOWED !!
If they had an idea or they saw some better way to do something, they weren’t able to even do small stuff that was not authorized…..even if it made stuff more efficient or whatever. It literally took an act of congress to change anything in the postal service he used to say. They all just shook their heads and done what they could.
Some of the stuff I saw and heard about the way they were dictated to run that place was insane !!

And it used to be some of the absolute best health insurance in the world. I don't know if it still retains that status or not, but 25 years ago their health insurance was 2nd only to Congress (not counting CEOs, etc).
That’s the up side. Any large union has great health insurance and prescription plans provided for the employees by the employer.

For the most part, our local UPS, Fedex, and USPS all do a pretty good job. I’ve also dealt with the nationwide package tour several times. And there have been some USPS packages definitely delivered to the wrong address. However, comparatively, we have been very lucky.

The postman at my brother’s house years ago used to put his mail in the wrong mailbox so he didn’t have to get out of his truck. It was problematic.

My stuff did come. Great.

My M.I.L's Fed Ex envelope did not. It arrived in Gainesville on Saturday and was supposed to be delivered Monday. It sat in Gainesville all day yesterday.

Today it was on the truck by 9am, due to be delivered by 9pm.

At 8pm it was back in Gainesville. This is like deja vu!

She's freaking out, buy I'm telling her it's the "new normal" of employees who just don't care.

“If you reference a sex toy in the title and people are confused by the reference, don’t be surprised if some of those people seek clarification.” -Thomas Jefferson (probably)

Lo and behold! An Ides of March Miracle (almost the Ides anyway).

Both packages are out for delivery today, along with an Amazon shipment that we ordered Sunday afternoon. Go figure.

What still gets me is that there are multiple instances of the item "departing X facility" and "enroute to next destination", then a few days later the same package(s) are shown again departing the same facility.

And FYI, our local Post Office did declare an entire pallet of boxes from Amazon as "lost". So Amazon is giving a lot of refunds and replacements. Did the pallet "go missing"? It was scanned as shipped to our locale, and somehow, mysteriously, scanned as received, yet none of its contents were ever seen again....ooooo...(cue spooky music while some USPS employee is selling more stolen stuff on eBay).
That pallet ended up in the bed of someone’s pickup truck or van, I bet !!

One of my packages was delivered to my post office where I have po box. Instead of putting it in my box they gave it away. What a clusterf—-. They admit it but claim they do not know why it was done. Hearing aid parts that only fit one make and model aids. I am pissed! No one is authorized to pick up my mail but me.

Hello ,
Your item was picked up at a postal facility at 1:27 pm on March 13, 2024 in ACWORTH, GA 30101.
Tracking Number: 9400111206210911448448
Delivered, Individual Picked Up at Postal Facility
<Latest Displayable Event Description>

Back
Top Bottom