• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS slides the c**k ring back on me again..

I guess it depends on where you are too. In my area at least, UPS has been more reliable than say Fedex and especially USPS. I have signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery just so I know what mail they've lost that shows I should have gotten. It's ridiculous how much of it I never actually receive when the email I get shows the scanned images of my mail that day. Where the hell do they lose it from that point? Same with packages. They will show "Delivered" and they aren't here.

At least with UPS they show up in my experience.
I spoke too soon :lol:

I ordered something on 3/2 that shipped USPS Priority Mail from Ilinois. It's been "Moving Through Network" "In Transit to Next Facility" for about a week now. I was supposed to have gotten it on 3/6 originally. The tracking status page still shows it as "On Time" as well. :lol:

I spoke too soon :lol:

I ordered something on 3/2 that shipped USPS Priority Mail from Ilinois. It's been "Moving Through Network" "In Transit to Next Facility" for about a week now. I was supposed to have gotten it on 3/6 originally. The tracking status page still shows it as "On Time" as well. :lol:
That's still too long for priority shipping. You should have gotten it by the 5th day. But hell! It is USPS an you can't really hold them to their schedule a most of times. Usually when I ship an item from here in Virginia to Georgia and I use the priority shipping it usually gets there within 3 to 5 days. But I have had some people contact me a little outside of that 5-day period and say they just got it. So it's a crap shoot!

It's been "Moving Through Network" "In Transit to Next Facility" for about a week now.

Package 1: 9 Days so far. Got from PA to Atl in 2 days. Its run was ATL to Palmetto to Athens to Local Post Office (as of Saturday. Projected delivery was today. Wife says it didn't come. So I look on line and it now reads:
"Moving Through Network: In Transit to Next Facility. March 10, 2024"

But, wait, it was in my local PO on the 10th. So where's it going now?

Package 2: 7 days so far. From Central Florida to Fairborn in 2 days. Its run has been Fairburn, 2 days later it's "moving to next facility", then another day later it's leaving Fairburn (again?), another day later it's leaving Palmetto, and another day later it's leaving Atlanta, that was Sunday / yesterday.

So, the crazy thing to me is one package goes to the Atlanta Center, then to Palmetto etc. The other package goes from Fairburn, then goes to Palmetto THEN goes to Atlanta.

I looked up the distribution centers and it looks like Fairburn is only eight (8) miles away from Palmetto. And the Atlanta Center, if it's the one near the airport, is only 21 minutes away.

If I did my job 1/1000th as poorly we'd be stacking bodies. Heck, I can't even pretend to care so little about my job.

Also, my M.I.L. (nice lady) was told her credit card was to be delivered by FedEx today. By noon. Whoops! It's coming out of Gainesville, Ga! Not here. "By the End of the Day" but it's not listed as out for delivery either.

Package 1: 9 Days so far. Got from PA to Atl in 2 days. Its run was ATL to Palmetto to Athens to Local Post Office (as of Saturday. Projected delivery was today. Wife says it didn't come. So I look on line and it now reads:
"Moving Through Network: In Transit to Next Facility. March 10, 2024"

But, wait, it was in my local PO on the 10th. So where's it going now?

Package 2: 7 days so far. From Central Florida to Fairborn in 2 days. Its run has been Fairburn, 2 days later it's "moving to next facility", then another day later it's leaving Fairburn (again?), another day later it's leaving Palmetto, and another day later it's leaving Atlanta, that was Sunday / yesterday.

So, the crazy thing to me is one package goes to the Atlanta Center, then to Palmetto etc. The other package goes from Fairburn, then goes to Palmetto THEN goes to Atlanta.

I looked up the distribution centers and it looks like Fairburn is only eight (8) miles away from Palmetto. And the Atlanta Center, if it's the one near the airport, is only 21 minutes away.

If I did my job 1/1000th as poorly we'd be stacking bodies. Heck, I can't even pretend to care so little about my job.

Also, my M.I.L. (nice lady) was told her credit card was to be delivered by FedEx today. By noon. Whoops! It's coming out of Gainesville, Ga! Not here. "By the End of the Day" but it's not listed as out for delivery either.
Yeah that's all very unacceptable. No kidding, I don't know how they get away with such incompetence.

I have filed a chargeback on my credit card for the first package.
Well if the second doesn't come in the next 5 days or so charge it back. If the parts happen to find their way to your doorstep, keep them as compensation for pain and suffering. I mean it would be wrong but they put you through a lot of bull crap waiting on those parts. That's one of those situations where you have to make a moral argument to what's fair considering the headache. If the vendor didn't offer to reship the part another way then they answered your question right there. personally I think they should have taken upon their self to ship it in a way that it gets to you in a few days and bear the responsibility on their side and then have you ship the parts back if they even get there at all.

These parts companies need to start seeing how much of a problem the shippers are having and then changing their shipper. I've never had a part gone missing from FedEx. But USPS and UPS holding up parts is a regular occurrence more so than FedEx I believe.

Back
Top Bottom