• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPS slides the c**k ring back on me again..

That's not really to long. I mean that is four days. Was it in transit before the first the 5th.? A list of shippers that offer free shipping will use standard ground and it can take up to a full business week, sometimes longer depending on if it's a holiday or whatnot.

Mine was in Roanoke VA. which is 45-50 min. from my home. The next day it was in Florida. That was on Wednesday. It arrived at my doorstep on Friday. I ordered the Friday before. With only 4 days in transit I would give them a week. When you pay for shipping a lot of the times good vendors will use priority and spoil you in quick shipping which is 3-5 days usually showing up in the third or fourth day. I would at least give them 5 to 7 days maybe a couple more and then start proceedings for recovery. It all depends if they are trying to make a buck by having you pay for more than the shipping actually cost.

Greedy vendors will do this. So sometimes paying for shipping is a good thing but you have to read what their shipping policies are and get a full understanding of how they ship it and who they used to ship it with. I ordered from opticsplanet which is known for having extended shipping periods. However, I paid an exorbitant amount for priority shipping and still got the ring slid back. But it got here a lot faster than it would if I hadn't paid for shipping. I've had to wait two and two and a half weeks for opticsplanet sometimes and I know not to get my underwear and a knot if it doesn't get here in a week or so.

I know it's not too terrible, but I paid extra for 2 day express or whatever the service is named now. Lol it scanned out of Fairburn and into Palmetto last night. It's hilarious tbh.

I have always got good service from UPS
now FedEx is a different story
I had a talk with the FedEx driver at the local store, he said he does deliver to my area
I asked why he has been leaving package near the mailbox, I continued to scold him about driving in my front yard and leaving skid marks, and 1 package was stolen. He said "your driveway is to long and it's hard to turn around"
I told him to leave all package behind the big oak tree so they can't be seen from the road, the oak tree is 50 feet from the mailbox and easy to get to
we shall see

Same crap excuss they use to get days off, my gold fish died and the wake is next week.
I know it's not too terrible, but I paid extra for 2 day express or whatever the service is named now. Lol it scanned out of Fairburn and into Palmetto last night. It's hilarious tbh.
I paid a little extra and my package is still in Fairburn since the 5th. :rofl:

My USPS package that should have been delivered on 3/6 finally updated this morning. It's now "Arriving Late", and still shows "Moving Through Network In Transit to Next Facility" :lol:

Up until yesterday it was still "On Time"

Edit to add, it still doesn't show where it actually is. It's just somewhere in the USPS network. The last known location was Lowell, IN. It was coming from Illinois.

All of them are crap at one time or another. Got a USPS package now that left the local post office on the 8th. Just reached a facility in Atlanta this morning. 4 days to go to a place 2 hours away.:doh:

When we got back from our recent trip, we had had USPS hold our mail. Got home, checked the mailbox anyway, had two priority mail envelopes for our next-door neighbors. Took them over, neighbors had been looking for them for two days as PO said they.d been delivered.
And, oh, our held mail which was to be delivered yesterday didn’t show up.

Lo and behold! An Ides of March Miracle (almost the Ides anyway).

Both packages are out for delivery today, along with an Amazon shipment that we ordered Sunday afternoon. Go figure.

What still gets me is that there are multiple instances of the item "departing X facility" and "enroute to next destination", then a few days later the same package(s) are shown again departing the same facility.

And FYI, our local Post Office did declare an entire pallet of boxes from Amazon as "lost". So Amazon is giving a lot of refunds and replacements. Did the pallet "go missing"? It was scanned as shipped to our locale, and somehow, mysteriously, scanned as received, yet none of its contents were ever seen again....ooooo...(cue spooky music while some USPS employee is selling more stolen stuff on eBay).

Back
Top Bottom