• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bump for update: US appeals court blocks ban on rapid-fire ‘bump stocks’

But, I fear that this ruling, could cause the lefties to demand a revamp of the NFA. If they do, they might ban silencers short-barreled rifles and short shotguns the way the banned machine guns in 1986 and ended the legal registration process for any new ones.

Grandfather the existing ones, and watch their value skyrocket --so they don't get used much and end up being locked in heavy duty safes in the hands of wealthy gun collectors.

I don't want Congress, given the current political environment...

(and when I say current I'm talking over the last 30 years of the past and looking ahead 30 years into the future)

...screwing with federal legislation on NFA type firearms. They can make things a hell of a lot worse overall than things are now and I'm not talking about just bump fire stocks, or 80% complete ghost gun frames, or 95% complete silencer kits called "solvent traps."

What?

Im not sure I can follow that logic?
so, something that would be good, is also (you fear) possibly bad?

so maybe we should keep the bad, in fear that its being reversed to good, could be motivation back to bad and maybe even become worse? :noidea:

Ya know that’s some very deep thinking…i’m gonna need a minute,…

ok. So, .. I think I got it now,
Anything that is turned from bad to good.… is actually a bad thing,… because it could become even worse?
So we are better off to just keep the bad and be glad it’s not worse?
Is that it?

Many years ago I trained the then Governor Miller's dogs. I got to know him as I did the follow up lessons with him and at one point we talked about possible certification for dog training in Georgia. I brought it up because there are a lot of "trainers" out there that are clueless and people end up getting rid of their dog thinking it cannot be trained because an incompetent trainer failed with it.

Wise man that Governor Miller was, he advised against it because there would be no way of making sure the people creating the certification standard would be competent themselves and it would actually be highly likely they would not be because there would be political considerations involved rather that just what's best for the dogs.

The point is that once you open up anything to do with government regulation it's impossible to tell which way it will fall and there is a strong likelihood it wont go the way you meant it to.

Before we start messing with the NFA we better make damn sure we have the right people in place to make sure the results goes our way. We most definitely do not have that now. So yeah, for right now maybe we leave well enough alone.

I think the point is that new legislation regarding the NFA could well turn out to be far more restrictive. No future transfers, outright bans on SBR, silencers, binary triggers, who knows ?

Like it or not, while many people support ownership of "conventional" pistols and rifles, the proportion who think anyone should be able to buy a sub gun over the counter is far smaller.

It's far easier for politicians to ban things so they can say they've done something rather than addressing the real problems related to the violence in our society.

I think what you’re taking away from his statement is correct…in a way. It’s not that he wants it to be that way - none of us here do. But it puts the subject in the media toilet bowl and gives it exposure to those that would otherwise not be paying attention. Which is good and bad because that means that far left leaning audience will make a lot of noise "for change" where we just want it left the **** alone.

The good thing is that same exposure also catches the attention of the 2A friendly attorneys and groups that seem to be making noise, the right way.

So is it good or bad? The answer is yes. But I'll default to good because it also brings new people into the pro 2A fold, including converts from the other side.

OK, now that it has been explain to me I think I understand?

Something that is bad, and that is turned to good,… has the potential to actually be bad, so we are better off to keep it bad and not turn it good in the hopes that it doesn’t become worse… Is that it?

so if a man‘s wife is cheating on him 1 a week with 1 coworker,?… And she comes home and tells him she’s going to stop cheating on him 1 a week with 1 of her coworkers…

that’s not really a good thing,…

Because she could start cheating on him with 2 coworkers 2 times a week..( and that would be worse)
So he is better off with her just cheating on him with 1 coworker 1 a week.

Yes. I’m getting it all now. ( I’m slow). Thanks, it just needed to be explained to me…

Something that is bad, and that is turned to good,… has the potential to actually be bad, so we are better off to keep it bad and not turn it good in the hopes that it doesn’t become worse… Is that it?

so if a man‘s wife is cheating on him 1 a week with 1 coworker,?… And she comes home and tells him she’s going to stop cheating on him 1 a week with 1 of her coworkers…

Because she could start cheating on him with 2 coworkers 2 times a week..( and that would be worse)

Yes. I’m getting it all now. ( I’m slow). Thanks, it just needed to be explained to me…
LOL so all that passive aggressive verbal judo you just wrote, what exactly is your suggestion here?

LOL so all that passive aggressive verbal judo you just wrote, what exactly is your suggestion here?
“ passive aggressive verbal judo”?… What is my suggestion?

My suggestion? That some people grow a set,… Show up,stand up and speak up.
it’s almost hard for me to believe whats happened to the men of this country…
because
to view some thing that’s clearly bad and becoming good? and to say that you fear, somethings that is bad turning to good, is not good, because it could be then even worse.?

It’s like my wifes tomcat going out looking for a fight every night after we’ve clipped him. He’s probably going to get the hell beat out of him. And he does. .. By theTom cats in town that still have a set..
But gee it could’ve been worse.. He was once the toughest Tomcat in the whole neighborhood.
But now
Every night he comes home all tore up and half his ears and tail missing. But at least he makes it back home.
So that’s a good thing.:thumb:

There now. There some verbiage you can judo too, and if you still don’t understand what I’m saying then I think you and my wifes cat might have something in common. LoL

because
to view some thing that’s clearly bad and becoming good? and to say that you fear, somethings that is bad turning to good, is not good, because it could be then even worse.?

It’s like my wifes tomcat going out looking for a fight every night after we’ve clipped him. He’s probably going to get the hell beat out of him. And he does. .. By theTom cats in town that still have a set..
But gee it could’ve been worse.. He was once the toughest Tomcat in the whole neighborhood.
But now
Every night he comes home all tore up and half his ears and tail missing. But at least he makes it back home.

There now. There some verbiage you can judo too, and if you still don’t understand what I’m saying then I think you and my wifes cat might have something in common. LoL

I have no interest in continuing a conversation with someone when they take a broad topic of opinion and make it personal. Really sheds light on who you are as a person.

Agreed. You're slow.

Your words, not mine.

because

But now

The point is best explained with a question. What makes you think it's turning good?

BTW, real men apply at least a little thought and intelligence to a situation instead of just stumbling into it face first and then wonder WTF went wrong.

because

But now

Just out of curiosity, what was your previous screen name?

FRTs and bump stocks have a cool factor much like EVs, but common sense dictates that nobody really needs them. However, as long as enough people want them and keep buying them - the manufacturers will keep profiting from making them.

Back
Top Bottom