• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bump for update: US appeals court blocks ban on rapid-fire ‘bump stocks’

If it was unconstitutional, its date of production should not matter. The ruling struck down the ATF's ban.
The ruling only applies to the states I mentioned, and it had nothing to do with the constitutionality of the ban per-se, but with the ATFs power to create this ban without legislation from Congress.

The ban is the law of the land except in very narrow scenarios, and having a functional bump stock while the ban is still in effect puts you in the possession of an unregistered 'machine gun' during that period.

Just because something is suddenly legal doesn't make the original crime go away. Ask someone who spent time in jail for pot charges in states that later decriminalized it.

Even if the whole thing is overturned, having a bump stock during this period was still a felony and something they could charge you with. They might ultimately lose in court, but they have infinite money and lawyers so I doubt they would care if they chose to make a point.

Luckily, cOmMoN sEnSe has absolutely 0 input in what I deem needed for myself.

View attachment 5188753
I'm sure that was totally the reason for The Great Cheeto's® reasoning behind this.

Going the regulatory route to stave off a legislative push was the NRA's strategy, and it worked.

You don't see any federal laws banning bump stocks or other things that can affect the rate of fire, do you?

Take a look at Florida's law if you want to see what would have been passed at the federal level if Congress had to decide. It's a carbon copy of what was being pushed in Congress right after the Vegas attack, and it had full 'bipartisan' support.

You and I have gone 'round on this before.

Believe what you want but the fact that deep-red FL passed this exact bill shows how much momentum it had, and Florida is still stuck with it today. Not only bump stocks but anything that changes the rate of fire, so no binary or FRT triggers either.

If you can find a single GOPer (then or now) that will publicly say that they want to make 'machine guns' available to everyday people I'd be stunned. But somehow you think that they will not pass a bill outlawing bump stocks?

1602471694193.gif

The mental gymnastics on this one never fails to impress. Trump and the NRA had to ban bumpstocks to save our gun rights from a congress with the largest Republican majority in 100 years.

So make sure you keep paying Wayne and vote harder.

The mental gymnastics on this one never fails to impress. Trump and the NRA had to ban bumpstocks to save our gun rights from a congress with the largest Republican majority in 100 years.

So make sure you keep paying Wayne and vote harder.

Gotta ban them by executive order before a Republican comes along and bans them with legislation.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom