• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US Supreme Court rules cops can use illegally seized evidence.

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
This is a very dangerous precedent because it is a direct workaround from the 4th amendment and noramlly illegally and inadmissible evidence.if the police officer misunderstands the law, the evidence still can be used, even if the probable cause for the stop for a search or seizure is unlawful. The final decision was 8 for and 1 against.

I dont know, interesting situation

The guy got wrongfully pulled over, but gave.them consent to search

I dont know the details of this one

I will say that the supreme court is a ****ing joke in general

This is a very dangerous precedent because it is a direct workaround from the 4th amendment and noramlly illegally and inadmissible evidence.if the police officer misunderstands the law, the evidence still can be used, even if the probable cause for the stop for a search or seizure is unlawful. The final decision was 8 for and 1 against.
Link?For complete ruling? Would love to comment but need complete info.

If this is in fact the case then welcome to the real police state. Innocent until proven guilt is now innocent until Officer Jackass can find something make you guilty.

This is the same as a typo on a warrant or report.
I don't see the issue, other laws are that all external lighting on a vehicle must function.

Unless this is in support of criminals walking on obscure technicalities, I think this is a non issue.

If this is in fact the case then welcome to the real police state. Innocent until proven guilt is now innocent until Officer Jackass can find something make you guilty.
Did you read the whole article?This was an obscure part of the law that the legislation had not updated.Every state has, can't sell a car in the state without both or three lights working, I believe NC has inspections and all lights must be working. This is a mistake by the legislation. I think it would be reasonable for anyone reading this that the vast majority of officers anywhere would not be aware of this oversite.. Bet it's fixed soon by the legislation.

Back
Top Bottom