• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US Supreme Court rules cops can use illegally seized evidence.

Oh now that is interesting. Thanks OP!
I wonder if this is what the sony and or cuba thing are distracting from.
This is bad, very bad

Yeah, it doesn't matter if the search was consensual, the court did not rule on that, just of the police misunderstanding of the law that led to an unlawful stop.

Oh really? I have seen deputies from other counties that were wearing sidearms past the checkpoint in the couthouse. Here is another for you: Two people are driving down the road and they both are using a laptop for work, both swerve off of the road and hit someone killing them. One is a LEO and the other drives a delivery truck. Which one will face charges?
Most court houses allow uniformed or on duty officers in the court house armed. Some don't. But there is wording in the law to allow. As for the computers.. The problem there is specific exclusions in the law for Govt. .That problem is with the legislation not the LEO. It is wrong as far as I'm concerned, but legal. Most if not all SOP forbid it.

Last edited:
Most court houses allow uniformed or on duty officers in the court house armed. Some don't. But there is wording in the law to allow. As for the computers.. The problem there is specific exclusions in the law for Govt. .That problem is with the legislation not the LEO. It is wrong as far as I'm concerned, but legal. Most if not all SOP forbid it.

So the LEO doing something that is dangerous and could kill someone is not their fault because it is legal? Wow! OK. I agree that legislation is the problem but you ask which laws and they have been provided.

Back
Top Bottom