• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Use of deadly force question

On another note, already, if someone is attempting to break into a car or home, can they be shot at with with either a BB gun or rock salt ( I am not saying confront them and this is all you got)? Do the same laws/rules still apply?

Back in the day, where I grew up, the local graveyard security guard carried a rock salt shot gun and shot at the kids skipping school trashing the tombstones. I don't seem to recall anyone pressing charges.

Here is my 5 step plan for this situation. Step 1: Make sure you are a college student and don't own anything nice. Step 2: Grab one of your numerous steak knives that don't match. Step 3: Come up behind them and yell "STOP DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" as loud as you can so your neighbors hear it to establish self defense. Step 4: Wait for them to turn to face you and shoot them center of mass. Step 5: Wipe knife of your prints and set it in their hand, make sure to close their hand on it so that their prints are all over it. Step 6: While planting knife check for pulse on their neck. You should have plenty of time for step 5 and 6 since most people wait a second to see if there are more gunshots before exposing themselves to risk. And if anyone that sees you over them, it can be explained off as checking for a pulse which your fingerprints on their neck will verify. Step 7: Go relax, have a scotch on the rocks, and read a good murder mystery you crafty devil you.

Here is my 5 step plan for this situation. Step 1: Make sure you are a college student and don't own anything nice. Step 2: Grab one of your numerous steak knives that don't match. Step 3: Come up behind them and yell "STOP DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" as loud as you can so your neighbors hear it to establish self defense. Step 4: Wait for them to turn to face you and shoot them center of mass. Step 5: Wipe knife of your prints and set it in their hand, make sure to close their hand on it so that their prints are all over it. Step 6: While planting knife check for pulse on their neck. You should have plenty of time for step 5 and 6 since most people wait a second to see if there are more gunshots before exposing themselves to risk. And if anyone that sees you over them, it can be explained off as checking for a pulse which your fingerprints on their neck will verify. Step 7: Go relax, have a scotch on the rocks, and read a good murder mystery you crafty devil you.
Instead of all that crafty work you could always pull the tried and true classic shoot 'em and drag 'em in the house tactic.

Can't shoot them for breaking into your car unless a life is at risk but a thorough beat down with busted knee caps would be in order.

Back
Top Bottom