• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Use of deadly force question

Gather up all your magazines "clips" and proceed to fire in the general direction of your vehicle until your out of ammo. I'm sorry,this is out dated advice. According to the latest guidelines from the executive branch of our government ,the Vice President of The United States of America recommends taking your shotgun outside and firing off several rounds in the air.

image.jpg

If someone has to ask these questions,they are not ready to carry a firearm.

Oh hey look someone else who didnt read the thread from beginning to end....Thanks for telling me Im not ready to carry a firearm. I really do appreciate it. I had "known" that it was illegal to use deadly force to protect property however when discussing with a local PD who is so adamant that it borders aggression maybe you would begin to question what you "knew" as well.

As always thanks for being a dick.

Titan, to get a straight answer, call your local district attorney ...they are the one's that would prosecute you if it was warranted.
You can't really sort the good answers from the BS and smartazz comments on a forum and even if you thought they were good answers, you should not rely on them..it is YOUR freedom on the line, not some internet commando who gives you stupid answers who REALLY doesn't care whether YOU get in trouble or not.

Arm yourself if not already armed and secure your family, call the cops and then yell out the door "hay I just called the cops"! Shut the door. If they run towards your now closed door and try to break through the door and enter your home by force be ready with the shotgun, if not; let the cops handle it and call your car insurance company.

Good question though there's a fine line between a imminent threat and the use of deadly force.

I personally feel that we should be able to shoot someone who is breaking into your car without the fear of prosecution. I mean, if thieves know that they can be killed for breaking into a car, they would probably reconsider.

Make punishment for crimes more severe and I believe crime rates would go down.

^ Too much "room for interpretation" or much worse...
Trigger happy shooters "think" they see someone breaking into their car, shoot them only to find out later that the person had Alzheimers, had a car of the same make & model but forgot where it was, etc. etc.
Take away due process & the country would turn into Dodge City... or Syria.

I do agree with your last sentence however the legal system is now more about generating revenue than punishment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom