• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Useful Hunting Apps

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Figured now that the season has come to an end for most of us, it would be interesting to find out if anybody used an app to help them hunt this past season that worked well and you would recommend?

I have used ScoutLook for a few years now and I'm happy with it. You can save stand locations then go back to them and see current and future weather conditions, directions of wind, lunar info, property lines, etc. Shows feeding times and gives a hunt rating for the day (good, fair, etc). Also includes a log section for each stand where you can take notes if you choose. If your hunting buddies use the app, you can share stand locations with them as well. I took advantage of this feature and downloaded it on my wife's phone and tell her the stand name I'm going to so she will know where to look if I don't come home. Never been in a situation where I have gotten hurt in the woods and needed a search party, but if I ever find myself in that situation it would be comforting to know the search party has some idea where to head when they start looking for me (assuming someone comes to find me...LOL).

Anyhow, thought this subject may be of interest to others.

Back
Top Bottom