• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Utah house votes in favor of bringing back firing squad

I'm not sure if there are other states that have firing squads for capital punishment. Utah was still executing death row prisoners in the 70's, and maybe into the 80's. I don't know when they stopped using the squads, but apparently they are making good on their efforts to bring it back.

Huh....I'm surprised that doesn't fall under "cruel and unusual punishment" given today's stomach for such things...not to mention all the regulations that would be required for them not to be sued out of existence. Good on Utah I guess

Huh....I'm surprised that doesn't fall under "cruel and unusual punishment" given today's stomach for such things...not to mention all the regulations that would be required for them not to be sued out of existence. Good on Utah I guess
Let's just say things are different in Utah. I love that state.

Reactions: MRH
Man...they must have a high tax base if they can afford ammunition to waste on what a good knife can do over and over again.

But do they really need more than 1 round to the forehead? Every other gun could have blanks in it. Even using the Dreaded M555 at today's prices it would be less than a buck to do the world a favor. That's a bargain :)

Back
Top Bottom