• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Vacation carry.

My father in law and I are currently scheming on how to get the women and kids to go to Disney without us....

My whole family swore of going to DW. The prices were off putting before all the craziness. Once their craziness crap started, forget it! Everybody said no way will we be going there anymore.

Hmm, maybe send them on vaca and you stay home......= :-) ......Peace and quiet

My father in law and I are currently scheming on how to get the women and kids to go to Disney without us....
Its not all its cracked up to be. My wife and son went on a cruise for a week in the spring and my daughter was still away at college. My wife and daughter are leaving Friday for 8 days in the Dominican Republic for a mission trip. Let me tell you the first couple of days are pretty cool but Im married for a reason. Im not a fan of an empty bed and man the dishes and clothes pile up fast.

Usually just walk around with the .338 Lapua, get a lot of weird looks but nobody bothers me. Gets a little cumbersome when I'm lugging all the beach gear with me too.

Can we not drag the nazis in this...
zzz.jpg

I only pick vacation destinations that are known to be very safe, relatively speaking. That’s always a good start. Allows me to relax, peace of mind, plus I don’t have to haul around and worry about some giant arsenal.

We mostly frequent the FL panhandle, AL, & SC beaches… most of which we’ve been to multiple times, so it’s a nice feeling to already be familiar with the area. Plus they’re all 2A friendly & laws are very similar to GA.

For any road-trips, my mind thinks about all the unknowns, the unpredictable events we might face on the road, traveling there and back. Gas stations, rest areas, shady exits, God forbid we get stranded on the side of the road with a blown engine on the hwy, or those dicey backroads we take to shave off miles & minutes. Guns are only a small portion of the risk mitigation (preps) I do before we leave for vacation.

I simply pack a second (loaded & extended) mag for my CCW in the center console. Then I bring along something like a very well equipped Glock 34 (red dot, light, extendo) or my HD 11.5” 5.56 with a law folder. (A couple extra mags is a given.) Or something in between. Always in a discrete backpack, always within reach.

The pistol brace ban has really screwed me up tho. Now I need to think of a new configuration that packs into an avg size school bag. What might that be? Bullpup, Sub 2000, other?

Back
Top Bottom