• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

valuable post - SHTF skills?

I guess I'm just crazy enough to think the old lady would share or even forgo her insulin if approached. I'm not going to kill her to save my daughter. On the other hand, If someone is trying to harm my daughter I will have no problem killing and eating them.

Bro its easier said than done, i will see a thousand daughters die before i let mine die when there's something i can do about it and its not even SHTF yet.

I imagine this is the question you're playing devils advocate with;

Question: imagine if your 8 year old daughter that you love more than anything that has her whole life ahead of her had diabetes and was out of insulin because all medicene production ceased 6months ago. So shes used all the stock you were able to get she will die without it but your 80 year old neighbor had the same condition but several units of insulin. What would you do? Watch your daughter die when you could have helped her?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll see her later and we will be together for eternity, cause I'm not taking my old neighbors insulin!
There's right and there's wrong, there's a line I will not cross.

(And I'd bet most every 80 year old would offer it as soon as they knew it was needed.
Most 80 year old's have children, grand children and sometimes great grand children, this is not the type of person that wouldn't offer it.)

I know there's a God. I don't think there's a God, I know it for sure.
I've tried very hard to live right, I'd sure like to die right and not with my neighbors blood on my hands.
Life is just for a little while, eternity is forever.....

When SHTF we will all do thing we thought we will never do, all to protect our loved ones. so its better to pray to God for strength and wisdom than to say i would do this or that.

Heck I don't know what I "would" do but I dang sure know what I will plan do do and who I will strive to be. I may buckle under the pressure but I'm not going to bail out on my morals before they are even tested.

The analogy for me here is similar to training for deadly confrontation. None of us say "Well you really don't know what you will do so there is no bother training".

You know, if Society were to break down, and this was going to last for a while and it was our job to help reestablish society, I think you would need people to type up documents and record big transactions. Sales of vehicles, homes, real estate or any expensive and valuable supplies.

Basically contract law. Even after the S has hit the F. If we're going to have a civilized society instead of a bunch of barbarians running around with guns looting and pillaging, you're going to have to have contracts to document what an agreement is and what each side is supposed to do for the other.

And if electricity is out and regular office equipment won't work, I can see some real value in having A lawyer or paralegal service where they have a small office or maybe even a portable service where they drive to your location to type up an agreement on some manual typewriters with ribbons that use real ink, and carbon paper to make copies, instead of a photocopier !

I DONT KNOW WHAT PLANET YOU COME FROM BUT ALL THOSE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING AND HOPING FOR WILL HARDLY BE A REALITY...FOR EXAMPLE CHECK ALL BLACKOUTS ON ALL MAJOR CITIES IN THE COUNTRY, WHEN EVER THERE'S A BLACKOUT PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS SHOOTING AND LOOTING. THIS IS JUST A BLACKOUT, MAYBE FOR 3 OR 4 HOURS NOT A SHTF SCENERIO. NOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN S REALLY HIT THE FAN.?

Military combat experience (pretty fair with my weapons and many others), have worked on a farm and a fair hand at gardening, was a nurse and sports therapist, I can butcher just about anything, I can food dehydrate and make biltong, have been hunting and fishing my whole life, have and know how to use portable non power tools, I can maintain my tools and weapons at home and in the field, can drive anything from military trucks and big rigs down, bushcraft is a hobby I constantly work at, am in decent physical condition and improving it. Most importantly I have a survival mindset, a plan, and enough on hand to give me a decent shot in most situations and am constantly improving because it is a fun as hell Hobby. I also have a great small network of family and friends that are worth a ****. Oh, and I can make liquor and know how to build a still (do have a condensing coil). I have lived in third world countries (which is where I farmed) in and out of the military and gained a lot from the experience.

Areas I really need to improve are foraging, mechanical and electrical fix it knowledge, comm (ham radio although i was a scout in the military so im pretty good with radios just havent delved into the ham world yet) and there is always room to improve physical fitness and every other Hobby I've picked up.

***EDIT***
By the way, if anyone is really good at something I've listed as needs improvement and likes to share knowledge with folks that have a genuine interest I would love to learn and have enough of a free schedule to soak up some knowledge. Especially the foraging. Having trouble learning just from books.

Just what everyone will need a bunch of rug rats running around to protect and dwindling the food supply.

well if he has relations with another mans wife, he will be able to gun you down and there will be no law to handle him, so if you are married your passionate love making will be just with you wife and it wont help the present predicament.

I imagine this is the question you're playing devils advocate with;

Question: imgiane if your 8 year old daughter that you love more than anything that has her whole life ahead of her had diabetes and was out of insulin because all medicene production ceased 6months ago. So shes used all the stock you were able to get she will die without it but your 80 year old neighbor had the same condition but several units of insulin. What would you do? Watch your daughter die when you could have helped her?

This sounds like a variation of "The Trolley Problem" -- a hypothetical dilemma used in teaching ethics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

The scenario is that YOU are the only person near a railroad track switching apparatus, and you see a train barreling down the track at high speed, approaching this switch. If the switch is left in its current position, as you found it, the train (or trolley) will crash into a group of 5 innocent people and kill them all. That's a given-- it's a mandatory parameter of this hypothetical. BUT IF, on the other hand, you pull the lever to divert the train / trolley to a side track, you will only kill one innocent person who is walking/ standing / stuck to the tracks.

Will you TAKE NO ACTION, and "let" 5 people die?

Or will you use your own hands to kill 1 innocent person, knowing (with 100% certainty) that you'll save 5 others?

If you just say "eff it" and go looking for a taco stand, you'll be letting 5 people die when it was in your power to save 5 out of the 6 persons in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom