• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Varget users

I am soon to start loading .308 for my M1A and have a pound each of Varget and IMR4895 to experiment with. If Varget is going to be inconsistent from lot to lot that would be a deal breaker for me, consistancy is the name of the game! Once I go through these one pounders I was planning to buy a few 8# jugs so I guess I will keep that in mind with the Varget loads.

If you want to be really particular, you should ALWAYS check when switching lots for long range loads. It's best to buy a few jugs of the same lot and work up the load each time.

I haven't experienced any noticable changes from different lots of Varget. I use it for hunting loads as well as target. I'm a picky bastard when it comes to my target rounds, and I think a lot of it's been blown out of proportion. I really like RL15 and 748 for the .308 and the M1A too. W748 makes both work well for me, and your measure will love it too.

subscribed... i am getting a ton of reloading gear shortly and will be looking to load up some 308. BHJ already sent me some great links!

Back
Top Bottom