vehicle carry thread

from what i've read, it has to be YOUR car since technically you are ineligible for a GWL/CCL

do not take my word on that, i am not nor have i ever been a lawyer and that is not to be construed as legal advice......just my interpretation.

This. Especially the IANAL part. :D

to MThorpe
i have edited my last post....reread.

I read it, but it still doesn't answer my question exactly. Like for instance, say you work at an anti-gun establishment (Applebees)...then would you be able to carry as an employee? Or if not, do you need to gain permission from the owner of the business you work at before you carry (w/o permit)?

I read it, but it still doesn't answer my question exactly. Like for instance, say you work at an anti-gun establishment (Applebees)...then would you be able to carry as an employee? Or if not, do you need to gain permission from the owner of the business you work at before you carry (w/o permit)?

Yes, you would be able to carry, but they would also be able to fire you for carrying if they please.

my understanding of it as "your place of business" means you own the company and without a GWL, carrying outside of your property is a big NoNo!

Yes, you would be able to carry, but they would also be able to fire you for carrying if they please.

Ok thanks for clarifying. I'd rather be fired than dead with the crazies and the places they shoot up these days. Seems like no places are off limits. I need to get my ass in gear and go get my carry permit, but my GA DL has my PO Box address issued on it and I don't think they will issue me a permit unless it has a street address on it

from what i've read, it has to be YOUR car since technically you are ineligible for a GWL/CCL

do not take my word on that, i am not nor have i ever been a lawyer and that is not to be construed as legal advice......just my interpretation.

"Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. In addition, such person may carry a long gun, which must be carried openly if loaded. Moreover, such person may carry in his or her own motor vehicle. Finally, if such person is eligible for a Georgia Weapons License, he or she may carry in any private passenger motor vehicle." - per www.georgiacarry.org

I wonder if that would cover me since it's "my" truck but registered in my dads name.

Back
Top Bottom